News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Headers must be replaced on my 70. Is TTI my best option?

Started by dspaulding70, July 17, 2012, 02:01:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dspaulding70

I read every post back to 2006 on headers and just want to make sure I am not missing anything.

I have a 440 in my 70 Charger.  Edlebrock HP, Headman Headers (78038), Power Steering.

My driver side header is just killing my gear box and cooking the mini starter.  When they installed the Headman headers, they beat the hell out of them to make them fit but they really do not fit.

It appears that the TTI's are a popular choice of many on this site but I am curious if I will have the exact same issue with my set up.  Anyone have the part number for the correct TTI's I should be looking at?

Appreciate any feedback as I am frustrated and disgusted I am having to deal with this issue.

Fred

I've got TTI's . Absolutely no problems, the fit is perfect. I couldn't be happier. You won't regret fitting them to your 440.
I had the same probelm when I had Headman's...........they banged the shit out of them to make them fit.
TTI will steer you in the right direction as to the part# if you get in touch with them.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Chryco Psycho

I agree , TTi are the best header for Mopar , Sam has been building them since the 60s , they have a different fit for Bb & RB engines & offere different size tubes from 1 7/8 up , most use 1 7/8 for street builds . the headers have far thicker flanges & seal great . As I have said many times you get what you pay for ,spend the big $$ once & you are not disappointed & having to replace them again as you are finding out with the hedmans