News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Lack of motivation...?

Started by Marck, July 20, 2012, 10:28:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

I dig the stacks... Are you keeping them.... Good luck  :2thumbs:

Tilar

Quote from: hatersaurusrex on July 20, 2012, 09:12:11 PM
Quote from: Tilar on July 20, 2012, 10:49:01 AM
Motivation

I'm with Tilar.   I just watched that vid 3 times.

lol, that's definitley a good one and I've watched it quite a few times.  :drool5:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Wicked72

i lost all motivation too but ive got it back from spending a day at carlisle and dropping 1k on a crap load of parts. it really helped to find that i could buy so much for that and on top of that getting to see and hear all the mopars running around was refreshing. GO TO A CAR SHOW!!
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

Lennard

Quote from: 440 on July 21, 2012, 01:52:33 AM
I dig the stacks... Are you keeping them.... Good luck  :2thumbs:
No, I bought a new AMD hood so the unit has to stay under the hood.

Marck

Quote from: bill440rt on July 20, 2012, 01:54:44 PM
The photoshop pic of the completed car should be a great motivator, that's gonna look awesome!  :2thumbs:
That, and your little girl behind the wheel.  :yesnod:
Print those out & hang 'em on your fridge, in the garage, wherever.

Try to separate what you want to accomplish into little, simple tasks. Tackle one thing at a time & before long you'll see you've got a lot done. Make a list or checksheet.

If that fails, just get off your ass already & get to work!  :nana:  :icon_smile_wink:  :2thumbs:
Thanks.. That's the vision, allthough I'm moving away from the wheels in the pic..  :cheers:
That's my oldest daughter, she just turned 4 the other day..  :2thumbs:

Marck

Quote from: nvrbdn on July 20, 2012, 02:32:23 PM
usually when i want to get motivated i go to a car show or pop in "dirty mary crazy larry" it gets me going every time. guess its time to watch it again. :smilielol: i bought a new gas tank and new carb at monster mopar in june and they are still waiting to go on the car. :rotz:
I get the same watching the DOH movie.. I know they smashed some Chargers, but the action driving scenes just speak to me..  ;)

Marck

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 20, 2012, 03:25:45 PM
Sell it and buy a nice used late model Challenger.  Trust me, you'll be glad that you did.  :yesnod:
There's just no way that is going to happen.. I love my Charger, and I can't see it sold for any other car..

nvrbdn

well, i got mine out over the weekend. went to the mustang and all ford show with the grand son. he had a blast. then it was home and work on the charger,plus help the kid put a clutch in his 88 mustang. the new carb is on. washed the car. it was a productive weekend. and the 13 year old grand son was right there helping with the clutch swap and working on the charger. he was so excited. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Marck

Quote from: cdr on July 20, 2012, 04:57:12 PM
Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 20, 2012, 03:25:45 PM
Sell it and buy a nice used late model Challenger.  Trust me, you'll be glad that you did.  :yesnod:
make sure its a v6,,,,,,,,,but seriously i assume thats your daughter behind the wheel, just waiting to go cruisin with her hero DAD,NOW IF THAT DONT MOTIVATE YA,nothin will  :icon_smile_big:
I think you nailed it right there... I'm going to take her for a drive in the next couple of days.. She loved it the last time..  ;)

Marck

Quote from: Lennard on July 21, 2012, 01:25:19 AM
Quote from: Marck on July 20, 2012, 10:28:58 AM
Hey..
I'm not sure if I'm looking for a pat on the back or a swift kick in the nuts..  :brickwall: :nana: Hehe..
I need both... haven't touched it for over a month. If my car would be as close to be finished as yours I'd be working on it every chance I had to get it road worthy and then spray it with a can until I would have the funds to do it right.

:o
Damn, I feel lucky now.. I have the outmost respect for your project..  :2thumbs:

Marck

Quote from: Wicked72 on July 21, 2012, 08:40:26 AM
i lost all motivation too but ive got it back from spending a day at carlisle and dropping 1k on a crap load of parts. it really helped to find that i could buy so much for that and on top of that getting to see and hear all the mopars running around was refreshing. GO TO A CAR SHOW!!
I hear you, but we don't have that many carshows and only on the weekends, and since I work a lot during the weekend, it's often hard to find the time.. I will see if I can't make it out to some of the next ones..

Marck

Quote from: nvrbdn on July 22, 2012, 08:26:26 PM
well, i got mine out over the weekend. went to the mustang and all ford show with the grand son. he had a blast. then it was home and work on the charger,plus help the kid put a clutch in his 88 mustang. the new carb is on. washed the car. it was a productive weekend. and the 13 year old grand son was right there helping with the clutch swap and working on the charger. he was so excited. :2thumbs:
It sounds like you two had a blast..  :2thumbs: