News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Members in ALABAMA please read....my bad

Started by DadsCharger00, July 16, 2012, 10:03:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DadsCharger00

If ya live in ALABAMA *SORRY GUYS*  I have a mission for ya! Could use a car looked at. PM me and I'll get ya some details!

DadsCharger00

Would it help if I added money to the offer  :icon_smile_big:

Topher

Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

DadsCharger00

69 charger. Located in Athens Alabama.

Tilar

Athens Alabama or Athens Georgia? There is 300 miles from one to the other.  :vert:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

DadsCharger00

lol....oops. Alabama. It's about 25 minutes or so from Huntsville I guess. I could fly there to look at it myself, but that would cost me a couple dollars  :eek2: OR I could hopefully have someone who realistically knows a lot more about the cars take a look at it and let me know what they think!  :2thumbs: I like the second thought!

DadsCharger00

I spoke with the guy on the phone, and got a lot of info about the car. He's a really honest fellow from what I can tell through conversation. Told me the ins and outs anyway. I'm interested because it's a 69 and seems to be in good overall condition. Little things here an there need be done to finish the project so to speak, but it's def a driver, and that's what I want out of it for now!

DadsCharger00

Quote from: Tilar on July 17, 2012, 11:16:24 AM
Athens Alabama or Athens Georgia? There is 300 miles from one to the other.  :vert:

Sorry...got all excited, and typed the wrong place...my bad!  :slap:

DadsCharger00

Quote from: Topher on July 17, 2012, 10:03:48 AM
Where is it? What is it?

I also have the original add and some additional information if you would like me to send it to you. Thanks  :yesnod:

mauve66

go back to your 1st post in this thread and click modify
then change the title, might get more relavant hits
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

tylerk

I go to school up at Athens twice a week, I could possibly have a look at it although I don't consider myself a professional or anything!

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Pics of car?? :popcrn: A lot can be told, just by pics :Twocents:

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on July 17, 2012, 10:07:50 PM
Pics of car?? :popcrn: A lot can be told, just by pics :Twocents:

some people dont like to post pics then it shows the location sometimes...I noticed that here. some folks ask for others to look at a car, but dont post location just PM me so that others do not get the 'catch' before they do.

Same with prices I noticed a lot of folks are 'embarrased' how much the paid for their charger so they wont say. I had someone tell me, "im embarrased I paid too much for this and its not worth it so I wont tell you how much I paid, sorry'

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

For $20,990, I'd say she's got a lot going on... Missing trim, added gauges (tells me none of the originals work properly). Def. look in person. As I see in pics, the price is a good starting point, working down...  :Twocents:

DadsCharger00

Yeah, it's certainly not perfect....has it's share of issues. But for a 69 I thought maybe a good starting point? :think: :think: I know it's not a numbers match, I know it's not a show car. But that part at this point doesn't concern me all that much I guess. I was just looking for a driver I guess.

1974dodgecharger

Quote from: XS29L9Bxxxxxx on July 17, 2012, 10:41:57 PM
For $20,990, I'd say she's got a lot going on... Missing trim, added gauges (tells me none of the originals work properly). Def. look in person. As I see in pics, the price is a good starting point, working down...  :Twocents:

I AGREE!!! The seller seems pretty 'honest' here with the starting price and he could get him down more based on what is said about car I was thinking 18k or so. If not go lowere at 15k, he probably counter offer at 17,500 or something  :D.

As a daily driver well worth it if one is not a purist  :cheers:

oh if I was not looking for a 68, I personally would snatch this up for 18k thats just me though. (I dont like the 69 grills  :icon_smile_dissapprove: )

DadsCharger00

I would have to say I PERSONALLY like the 68 better, but my dad had a 69 so in this case I'll let him win out! Thanks  :2thumbs:

DodgeChargerNeeded

if the car doesn't need much work 15-18k would be a good price can't buy much these days unless you get a steal.
Jeff

jaak

I live 30 minutes away from Athens.

Jason

69charger2002

i almost called the seller right after the car was posted for sale. i couldn't get past that rear stripe. i kept thinking.. if they didn't know how to remotely put the rear stripe on, what else has been done half ass? and for $20k it wasn't worth the risk.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: 69charger2002 on July 18, 2012, 09:01:41 AM
i almost called the seller right after the car was posted for sale. i couldn't get past that rear stripe. i kept thinking.. if they didn't know how to remotely put the rear stripe on, what else has been done half ass? and for $20k it wasn't worth the risk.

Looking at the gauges, lots... It isn't a $20k car, IMHO. Still worth a look, for the right price  :coolgleamA:

tylerk

Hey Travis, did you get my message about the Vectors?

NHCharger

The haphazard placement of the extra gauges does not look good. Yeah it's not a show queen but 300 miles on the rebuilt engine and the car is all there. If it's solid underneath it's definitely worth talking with the owner. Based on the pics I think 18k would be a fair price. Depends on how long you want to keep looking for a great deal.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Dino

Ah the stripe, my pet peeve.  It drives me nuts that a lot of these high $$ cars have a crooked stripe.  This one takes the cake though!  

I totally agree with you, if they can't do even that right, what else is going on with that car?

EDIT:  I think the passenger side rear quarter might have a few pounds of bondo in it.  It may be the pictures but I'd bring a magnet!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

DadsCharger00

Quote from: Dino on July 18, 2012, 11:13:21 AM

Ah the stripe, my pet peeve.  It drives me nuts that a lot of these high $$ cars have a crooked stripe.  This one takes the cake though!  

I totally agree with you, if they can't do even that right, what else is going on with that car?

EDIT:  I think the passenger side rear quarter might have a few pounds of bondo in it.  It may be the pictures but I'd bring a magnet!

I don't want to sound like a total newbie, or no nothing here, but why would you say that? I'm curious what I should look for that would be a tip off.... :scratchchin:

Dino

Quote from: DadsCharger00 on July 18, 2012, 11:37:35 AM

I don't want to sound like a total newbie, or no nothing here, but why would you say that? I'm curious what I should look for that would be a tip off.... :scratchchin:

The quarter?  Looking at the pictures it seems the body line is flared out a bit much.  Again it may just be the lighting and the quarter may be fine, but since they are so large they are notoriously hard to get straight.  Especially if someone has welded on them.  Look at pictures of restored Chargers and compare the quarters, these look a bit too fat to me.  Bring a fridge magnet, if it sticks you're good, if it falls there's too much filler.

On a car like this you need to expect the worst and expect cover ups because frankly, most of the time that is what you will find.

This car looks like many others we see, decent paint but warped door panels and worn interior, very rusty and inoperative gauges, all the a/c stuff seems to be missing as well and that's a one year only deal.

Best case scenario it has good bones, not too much rust and a good drivetrain.  $20K is still a bit high though unless it's a rare car.

DadsCharger00

All it has is a little bit of rust going on the rear frame rail....are those pretty expensive to fix? He said it's not terrible, but it's there.

tylerk

Not downing myself, but between me or Jaak, I'd pick him to have a look at it. He'd be able to give you a lot more than I would.

DadsCharger00

Heck I was gonna have ya both look at it! Figured you BOTH know more then I do!  :2thumbs: I just appreciate all your guys help.  :cheers:

DadsCharger00

I didn't even notice how OFF that stripe was until you said something. I might as well be blind going into this! lol  :icon_smile_blackeye:

chargerboy69

Quote from: DadsCharger00 on July 18, 2012, 12:23:07 PM
All it has is a little bit of rust going on the rear frame rail....are those pretty expensive to fix? He said it's not terrible, but it's there.

If it is just surface, your ok.  If it is soft, then. . .  The rails are not really expensive, getting them put on may be a little pricey.

If the car runs good and is solid maybe $17 to $18.  The stripe would have to come off right away.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

DadsCharger00

Quote from: chargerboy69 on July 18, 2012, 04:30:17 PM
Quote from: DadsCharger00 on July 18, 2012, 12:23:07 PM

If it is just surface, your ok.  If it is soft, then. . .  The rails are not really expensive, getting them put on may be a little pricey.

If the car runs good and is solid maybe $17 to $18.  The stripe would have to come off right away.

I WOULD AGREE. If ya all know anybody in my neck of the woods that does good work on these cars let me know. Even if it's out of a garage I'm good with that. If I was to purchase one I'd try to fix it a little before I gave it to my dad!

69charger2002

if he is mentioning rust on a rail, you can expect it to need work. they all have a little "scale" rust on them, if it was worthy of mention, i'm sure it's more than that. Is a rail expensive? no. Is it worth haggling over when you're considering it as a nice 20k car? Personally i would move on to the next car. I may be completely wrong, but it sounds more like "perfume on a pig" if you're picking up what i'm stepping in...
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Dino

Quote from: 69charger2002 on July 18, 2012, 05:37:39 PM
if he is mentioning rust on a rail, you can expect it to need work. they all have a little "scale" rust on them, if it was worthy of mention, i'm sure it's more than that. Is a rail expensive? no. Is it worth haggling over when you're considering it as a nice 20k car? Personally i would move on to the next car. I may be completely wrong, but it sounds more like "perfume on a pig" if you're picking up what i'm stepping in...

Listen to this guy, he's owned a few of these cars.  One or two...hundred.

I also have to agree, it's a dime a dozen made up troll, move on, there's better out there.

DodgeChargerNeeded

I would hold out for a better car frame rail means lots of other problems
Jeff

DadsCharger00

Hey Tyler   think you may still be able to look at the charger in Athens? I'm working on contacting jason as well but wanted to extend the invite back to you as well.

BananaDan

*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein