News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Engine wire routing

Started by wldside, July 18, 2012, 03:46:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wldside

Hello,

Just curious how the engine harness routes on a 69 Charger. I have done the search and looked at some pics, but I am not sure about where the harness goes from the firewall to the alternater. I have the Year One harness, does that just lay on the engine next to the head, or should there be some kind of stand offs to keep the wire off the engine? The harness in that area is just taped.

Thanks for the help,
Dave

68neverlate

The factory valve cover on the pass side had metal guides on the top of it (one at the front and one at the back) to hold the wiring.  If you're not using factory valve covers, you'll need to route the wiring along the intake just above the valve cover but off the engine (it'll get hot enough to melt the wires)...

firefighter3931

Quote from: 68neverlate on July 18, 2012, 06:52:01 PM
The factory valve cover on the pass side had metal guides on the top of it (one at the front and one at the back) to hold the wiring.  If you're not using factory valve covers, you'll need to route the wiring along the intake just above the valve cover but off the engine (it'll get hot enough to melt the wires)...

That is correct....along the passenger valvecover is how the factory did it.  :yesnod:

I used some DEI insulated conduit to protect the harness and ran my wires under the intake manifold and on top of the valley pan....works great.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

wldside