News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

66-67 to 68-70 leaf spring interchange

Started by Ghoste, July 29, 2012, 11:57:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

I know the springs from a 66-67 will fit a 2nd gen but can anyone tell me if they are physically the same dimensions?  That is to say a TRUE interhange?

A383Wing

it's all the same floor pan & frames, right? I mean all the floor pan sheet metal is the same

Bryan

Ghoste

Things change though, perhaps the spring mounting poiints are slightly different so that one generation takes a leaf that is a different length eye to eye.  Not so much difference as to make them not bolt in to either generation of car but enough to change geometry or something else back there.  Thats what I was trying to find out.

John_Kunkel

All '66-'71 B-body springs have the same front/rear measurements (22" front, 36"rear) so they will physically interchange but the number of leaves and the bias will vary by year/model.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

Budnicks

Quote from: John_Kunkel on July 30, 2012, 05:05:25 PM

All '66-'71 B-body springs have the same front/rear measurements (22" front, 36"rear) so they will physically interchange but the number of leaves and the bias will vary by year/model.
:2thumbs:  :Twocents:
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

A383Wing

Quote from: John_Kunkel on July 30, 2012, 05:05:25 PM

71 as well? so that means the 72 through 74 Chargers take different springs than the 71's?

Bryan

Ghoste

Oval spring eyes are in there somewhere.