News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Charger 4 speed center console Carpet installed pics

Started by PlainfieldCharger, July 16, 2012, 10:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlainfieldCharger

Hello All,

I am installing a console in a 68 charger that I purchased missing the console. I cannot find a thread on information on the net that shows the carpet strips installed. I even called ACC carpets which were no help. The threads I have found on here have pic links that no longer work. Thanks

PlainfieldCharger

Troy

The carpet goes from the side trim piece down to the floor.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

PlainfieldCharger

I have 2 strips in the kit. 4 pieces total. I figured the one on the back of the console and the Hump cover. The strip on the one side... How does that other strip go. It appears to go under the hump cover? :shruggy:

histoy

The auto and 4 speed consoles are different on the driver's side.   The 4 speed flairs out to clear the shifter, and requires a larger sized piece.   The auto console is flat and the piece for the driver's side is a mirror image of the passenger side.  The backside is a rectangle that wraps around the left and right sides.   Glue it to the backside first and let it dry, then wrap the sides and clamp them in place.   My carpet set only required those 3 pieces.

PlainfieldCharger

That helps allot, I couldn't figure out where that 4 piece went. It must be the same kit for both until you add the 4 speed part to the order and then they add the large piece of carpet. On the strips of carpert one edge is folded over and glued to itself. Does the foldover go towards the floor?

;) Thanks for your replies.

macca3441

PlainfieldCharger

poppa

Do the trim clips go through the carpet? I'm confused on the back piece ,glue it and wrap it around what?? Does the big piece (4 spd)  get glued too??
God must love stupid people....he made a sh**load of 'em....

Matco tools...guaranteed for a lifetime. Just not a human lifetime.

PlainfieldCharger

The back piece of carpet glues to the metal brakcet on the tail of the counsole just under the chrome end plate. Hope this helps..