News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need engine compartment pics for '68 Bbodies w/hemi

Started by hemi68charger, February 01, 2006, 08:37:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hello ya'll
I'm in need of some reference pictures of '68 b-bodies, factory 426 hemi cars. The areas I need would be pretty much all four sides, ft,rr,lf,rt...

My '68 Hemi Charger R/T is about to get painted and I want to make there there aren't any holes there that shouldn't be due to mod's, i.e., relocation of coil, electric fuel pumps, etc. Survivor cars in any condition, complete, would be highly appreciated..  YES, MY HEMI CHARGER IS GETTING CLOSER !!!!!!

Also, even though I forgot to take a picture of this particular area, I could swear my emission's decal was next to the washer bottle....

Thanks,
Troy
thawkes@houston.rr.com
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69_500

Well I'll search my pictures but I'm pretty sure I have a picture of Steve's 68 HEMI Charger engine compartment. He was on the old board, but I don't recall seeing him here since we moved.

I can't seem to find it right now, but I'll keep looking. Not sure if you remember his car or not Troy. It was a bright red, black vinyl top, HEMI 68 Charger.

hemi68charger

Hey DAnny,
Yeap, I remember him I think.. Doesn't he live in Florida?

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

69_500

Yeah, he was origionally from here in Indiana. I think I have his phone number around here, if not then I know that cudaken also knows him. Then again I don't think he has been posting much on here lately.

8WHEELER

I have a few for you.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

8WHEELER

more

8WHEELER

hemi68charger

Quote from: 8WHEELER on February 01, 2006, 08:26:45 PM
I have a few for you.

Dan

Hey Dan..
Thanks alot.... I'm really shooting for some closeups of the passenger side inner fender panel along the top of the panel and under the washer bottle...... There are some holes in the panel that look like factory punched holes. Just curious if these were there all along..... Again, they look factory.......

Troy
Troy

THE CHARGER PUNK

THE CHARGER PUNK

8WHEELER

Quote from: hemi68charger on February 01, 2006, 10:16:43 PM
I have a few for you.

Dan

Hey Dan..
Thanks alot.... I'm really shooting for some closeups of the passenger side inner fender panel along the top of the panel and under the washer bottle...... There are some holes in the panel that look like factory punched holes. Just curious if these were there all along..... Again, they look factory.......

Troy

OK, Sorry I have no pics of that area in a Hemi car. But this is my wife's 68 RT Charger, the holes you see were
made by the original owner. The fuel pump cam lobe went flat, so he installed an electrical pump there. So after
I bought the car in 82 I put in a comp cam and got rid of that pump, it was loud as heck in the engine bay.

Dan

hemi68charger

Quote from: 8WHEELER on February 02, 2006, 01:23:48 AM
Quote from: hemi68charger on February 01, 2006, 10:16:43 PM
I have a few for you.

Dan

Hey Dan..

Troy

OK, Sorry I have no pics of that area in a Hemi car. But this is my wife's 68 RT Charger, the holes you see were
made by the original owner. The fuel pump cam lobe went flat, so he installed an electrical pump there. So after
I bought the car in 82 I put in a comp cam and got rid of that pump, it was loud as heck in the engine bay.

Dan

Dan, actually, this picture does tell me something.. See RIGHT next to the washer bottle hose, there are two little holes? There should be three factory dimble right there between the washer bottle and the shock tower and if you connect them, it would form a triangle. Mine are punched and they look factory and it appears your wife's '68 has at least two punched.. Do you see what I mean?

Troy
Troy

8WHEELER

OK Troy
I see what you are talking about now, they are smaller holes never really noticed them before.
No I did not do those they are factory, interesting.

Dan

hemi68charger

Quote from: 8WHEELER on February 02, 2006, 03:30:16 PM
OK Troy
I see what you are talking about now, they are smaller holes never really noticed them before.
No I did not do those they are factory, interesting.

Dan

Exactly what I wanted to hear.. :)   I didn't want to start welding up holes that should be there, if if not utilized......... Interesting thing though, there doesn't seem to be a hole for the heater hose support bracket right above and center to the passenger shock tower...   ???    I know all hemi cars in '68 should have the bracket unlike the 440 brethren...

Troy
Troy

8WHEELER

Right, they did not drill that hole above the shock tower for the heater hose unless
they dropped a big sweet Hemi in the car  ;D

Dan