News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

to cover or not to cover

Started by dodgey68, July 14, 2012, 12:27:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Fred on July 15, 2012, 05:39:13 PM
Quote from: 440 on July 15, 2012, 11:11:14 AM
I might have to buy one before leaving California  :lol:  Want one Fred ?

Only if you're Santa Clause!  :smilielol:
But seriously mate, thanks for the offer, that's mighty nice of you. But I'm pretty satisfied with my polar fleece and the car is always garaged  so I think I'll leave it at that.
Thanks mate,
Fred

Fine, I'll send you a lump of coal and a wire brush instead  :thumbs:

Fred

Quote from: 440 on July 15, 2012, 11:07:28 PM
Quote from: Fred on July 15, 2012, 05:39:13 PM
Quote from: 440 on July 15, 2012, 11:11:14 AM
I might have to buy one before leaving California  :lol:  Want one Fred ?

Only if you're Santa Clause!  :smilielol:
But seriously mate, thanks for the offer, that's mighty nice of you. But I'm pretty satisfied with my polar fleece and the car is always garaged  so I think I'll leave it at that.
Thanks mate,
Fred

Fine, I'll send you a lump of coal and a wire brush instead  :thumbs:

Don't think I don't do that once a year.  :eek2:  I've got 2 fireplaces to maintain. I make a pretty good chimney sweep.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

moparstuart

Quote from: moparstuart on July 15, 2012, 10:25:15 PM
I have two california covers  love them both  best ever
:D :D
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Dino

If all it is is dust and you take it out once a week just leave it asis, it'll blow off when you drive.  Besides you'll collect much more crap on your paint before you reach the end of your street anyway.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

I can't stand pulling out of the garage and seeing the dust appear as sson as the car is out in the light, and my car is a huge pos. :lol:  I can't make it to the end of the street to let the wind blow it off, as soon as I see that I'm shutting the car off and going back into the garage for the quick detailer spray. :lol:

Dino

Quote from: Ghoste on July 18, 2012, 09:16:09 AM
I can't stand pulling out of the garage and seeing the dust appear as sson as the car is out in the light, and my car is a huge pos. :lol:  I can't make it to the end of the street to let the wind blow it off, as soon as I see that I'm shutting the car off and going back into the garage for the quick detailer spray. :lol:

Ah see, I'm just too lazy to do all that.  Besides the dust doesn't show all that much on a white car anyway.  I'll give her a bath after I install the a/c stuff and the brakes cause I'll have my greasy fingerprints all over it again!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

I know where Ghoste is coming from  :lol:, Car looks nice and clean in the garage and as soon as you pull it out you can see a layer of dust in the sun  :eek2: Wonder which is easier, the California duster or Quick Detailer ?

moparstuart

Quote from: 440 on July 18, 2012, 09:44:21 AM
I know where Ghoste is coming from  :lol:, Car looks nice and clean in the garage and as soon as you pull it out you can see a layer of dust in the sun  :eek2: Wonder which is easier, the California duster or Quick Detailer ?
I have to factor in CATS, DOGS, KIDS , and a WIFE who just put stuff anywhere out in the garage . This also give the car a little protection from those outside influences.  Bike , lawn mowers , trash cans coming in and out .  :Twocents:

Ghoste

That is one area where I'm fairly lucky, I'm about the only one in our home who ventures into the garage.  (the cat follows me once in a while but he gets bored pretty quick and soon wants out to go kill something)

bill440rt

Quote from: moparstuart on July 16, 2012, 08:36:40 AM

Stu, which model Cal.Cover do you have? Is it a Dust Top, or???
Thx!
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

moparstuart

Quote from: bill440rt on July 18, 2012, 10:03:36 AM

Thx!
not sure to tell you the truth  its very thick heavy canvas with a very soft felt/flannel type backing on the inside . 

bill440rt

Quote from: moparstuart on July 18, 2012, 10:36:59 AM

Thx!
not sure to tell you the truth  its very thick heavy canvas with a very soft felt/flannel type backing on the inside . 

Sounds like their PlushWeave cover. I'm looking into either a Dust Top or PlushWeave (flannel lined cotton cover).
Does it leave lint on your vinyl or convertible tops?
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

twodko

Cal Car Duster first, instant detailer might just rub the dust into the finish........bad juju.

DustTop for me and I have found it an excellent cover. It's very well made and I'd bet a quarter no lint would be left on a vert.  :cheers:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

moparstuart

Quote from: bill440rt on July 18, 2012, 11:13:06 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on July 18, 2012, 10:36:59 AM

Thx!

Sounds like their PlushWeave cover. I'm looking into either a Dust Top or PlushWeave (flannel lined cotton cover).
Does it leave lint on your vinyl or convertible tops?
no never has and the 69 Road runner cover i have had for about 13 years now and I have washed it several times .  It still doesnt shed . 

41husk

I need to get one for the Daytona, but the dust will find away to get on that car :brickwall:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

bill440rt

Stu, thanks for the info. I've read the PlushWeave may leave lint on fabric convertible tops (hence the flannel lining). Glad to hear it's fine on vinyl.
The Dust Top is supposed to repel dust almost completely, but it's a synthetic fabric & designed for indoor use only.

Right now I have an OLD CoverCraft I'm looking to replace. I have another CoverCraft cover made of Evolution fabric which I'm not crazy about. It's not very thick, & slides off the car like a sheet of ice so you have to be QUICK when taking it on or off so it doesn't slide onto the floor or driveway.