News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

RockAuto :)

Started by BananaDan, July 13, 2012, 04:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BananaDan

I need to replace the heater-A/C switch and control module on my 05 Jeep Liberty.  I called the local dealer, $130 + tax and has to be special ordered.  Checked RockAuto, $68 delivered (with 5% discount) in 2-3 days.

:2thumbs:
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

resq302

Rock Auto is amazing. I get the individual parts from them when I rebuild my starters and alternators!   :2thumbs:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Bob T

Yep, pretty impressed with them also. I needed some lower Ball joints in a hurry when I found the locally sourced    ( chinese made garbage ) fouled on the backing plate by 2-3mm. I had some Moog ones here in NZ from Rock Auto in about 4 days all up  :2thumbs:
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

jb666

Rock Auto KICKS ASS  :cheers:

TruckDriver

I never heard of them, what is there website?
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

BananaDan

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Just 6T9 CHGR

Rock Auto is great but you have to watch their shipping. If you order more than one part & they are at different wear houses, the shipping charge doubles.
Carefully plan out multiple part orders to have them ship from the same location :Twocents:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

1BAD68

I just replaced all four shocks on my 04 GMC work van, total... $66.00 shipped from Rockauto.
Rockauto rocks!

Silver R/T

I've had pleasant experiences with them. I like buying closeout parts for my car. Local parts store wanted $30+tax for distry cap, RockAuto had it for ~$10, just one of the examples how much you can save with them.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

crankypat

just ordered carb. super place to deal with. any questions about something they  will find your answer now or call you back shortly.  trustworthy dealings,prices great. use DC.COM DISCOUNT..  :2thumbs: :coolgleamA: :popcrn:

RiverRaider

Rock auto is great!  Great deals on misc brake hardware 

Cheap parts tip
When searching for example 1969 charger parts
select
dodge
charger
then the engine choice comes up
select the orange "rss" behind your engine
it brings up the love a bargain page "right side"
select "rss" again
and all the close out deals appear like these:

Part Type: Wheel Cylinder
Manufacturer: AUTOSPECIALTY / KELSEY-HAYES
Part No: W83015
Notes: Front Left
Closeout Price:  $3.00

Manufacturer: CLEVITE / PERFECT CIRCLE
Part No: 93084
Notes: 3 Piece Kit OHV - CHRYSLER ENG - 3 BOLT CAMSHAFT - HI PERF; Base Model
Closeout Price:  $18.59
Only 2 Remaining!

RiverRaider
Chuck 
My first Charger was a Stock Car.

John_Kunkel

Quote from: Just 6T9 CHGR on July 14, 2012, 02:49:35 PM
Rock Auto is great but you have to watch their shipping. If you order more than one part & they are at different wear houses, the shipping charge doubles.
Carefully plan out multiple part orders to have them ship from the same location :Twocents:

Yep, on a recent order they shipped from 4 locations and, on some items, my local NAPA was the same price.

I use Rock Auto a lot but have become more aware of their hidden costs.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

mauve66

like riverraider said,
after getting to the parts click the box on the right side above the parts where it says "choose for me to minimise cost? and it will choose the part from a specific location to minimise the cost
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Nacho-RT74

I'm agree on Rockauto ROCKS!!!!... they sell same stuff what classic auto airs sells for example... but DOUBLE OF THE PRICE
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Marck

Quote from: RiverRaider on July 15, 2012, 11:19:02 AM
Rock auto is great!  Great deals on misc brake hardware 

Cheap parts tip
When searching for example 1969 charger parts
select
dodge
charger
then the engine choice comes up
select the orange "rss" behind your engine
it brings up the love a bargain page "right side"
select "rss" again
and all the close out deals appear like these:

Part Type: Wheel Cylinder
Manufacturer: AUTOSPECIALTY / KELSEY-HAYES
Part No: W83015
Notes: Front Left
Closeout Price:  $3.00

Manufacturer: CLEVITE / PERFECT CIRCLE
Part No: 93084
Notes: 3 Piece Kit OHV - CHRYSLER ENG - 3 BOLT CAMSHAFT - HI PERF; Base Model
Closeout Price:  $18.59
Only 2 Remaining!

RiverRaider
Chuck 

Fantastic tip...!!  :2thumbs:
Did it yesterday, and just got an email with some of the deals.. Nothing I needed this time, but I'm sure something will pop up..
Thanks man...  :2thumbs:

Dino

Ack!  I forgot the discount when I ordered parts yesterday, I could've saved a buck 80!   :icon_smile_big:

Love Rockauto, it's my first stop every time.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

hatersaurusrex

Just ordered $2300 in body pans from them and misc parts.   Their prices are pretty much unbeatable, but I was bummed they didn't have front fenders.  YearOne wants 340 bucks to ship a pair.   That's not highway robbery, it's forcible rape.
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

resq302

Anyone have the latest discount code?
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

BananaDan

resq302

Brian

mauve66

Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

resq302

maybe it was me but I could not get that code to work.  it would enter but show now discount.   :shruggy:
Brian

BananaDan

Dunno, I used it. Try the one Chris posted in the group buys area.