News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

...And just exactly how good would that 'restoration' be?

Started by hatersaurusrex, July 17, 2012, 03:22:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hatersaurusrex

Yeah it's not a Mopar, but it's a sucker bet waiting to happen:

http://jacksonville.craigslist.org/cto/3144752109.html

Time to build: 4-6 weeks?  Anybody here think there's any chance that car gets done anywhere close to right in 6 weeks?   And you get a 'deal' on all that 289 'performance' for only 1500 more!!

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Cooter

Sad part is, you'll be reading about someone getting ass raped on this thing in a few months. one born every minute.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Dino

Don't know about this particular case and the word 'restoration's should definitely be dropped but 4-6 weeks to do bodywork and paint plus dump an engine in there is actually not that strange.  With the right team you can do much of the work in a matter of days.  We redid a Morgan several years ago, team of 3 and an apprentice.  Although the owner wanted a solid driver and not a trailer queen, we did take it down to the last bolt.  One guy did electrical and interior, one guy did mechanical, and me and the apprentice did the bodywork.  I even redid most of the wood frame on that little pooter.  It was done in less than 3 weeks and the owner still drives it almost daily.  It can be done and it can be done right, doesn't mean everyone does it that way though.  It takes careful planning and workers who know what they're doing.  We did outsource the rag top.  The guy doing interior and electrical, talented and trained as he was, said he would need all the time he could get to sort out what was left of the wiring but he managed to get it done within two days, I still don't know how he did that!

Most of us here are weekend warriors but if you actually spend 8 hours a day working on a car you'd be shocked to see how fast you can do things if you have all the equipment within reach.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Tilar

Ok Dino, I gotta admit that's a good looking car if it were done in 3 weeks, but first glance at that pic makes it look like you have a really big rubber band holding the front end together.   :smilielol:   Maybe it's just cause i'm still on my first cup of coffee this morning. =)
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

doctor4766

Gotta love a '69

Dino

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Tilar on July 18, 2012, 04:13:22 AM
Ok Dino, I gotta admit that's a good looking car if it were done in 3 weeks, but first glance at that pic makes it look like you have a really big rubber band holding the front end together.   :smilielol:   Maybe it's just cause i'm still on my first cup of coffee this morning. =)

:rofl:   That's the ticket.  I suppose they have a crank under the dash to twist up the rubber band?
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Dino

Quote from: bakerhillpins on July 18, 2012, 04:05:52 PM
Quote from: Tilar on July 18, 2012, 04:13:22 AM

:rofl:   That's the ticket.  I suppose they have a crank under the dash to twist up the rubber band?

Nooo of course not, that would be plain silly...it's a fourth foot pedal that tightens the rubber band..

jb666

Quote from: Cooter on July 17, 2012, 03:43:02 PM
Sad part is, you'll be reading about someone getting ass raped on thios thing in a few months. one born every minute.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: EXACTLY what I was just thinking.... (and yes, I'm still walking funny)

Cooter

Quote from: jb666 on July 18, 2012, 05:17:35 PM
Sad part is, you'll be reading about someone getting ass raped on thios thing in a few months. one born every minute.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: EXACTLY what I was just thinking.... (and yes, I'm still walking funny)

YIKES! I wasn't referring to you Jb666. LOL...No, anybody that puts up an auction on a build, is looking for a sucker.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

FLG

Quote from: Cooter on July 18, 2012, 06:05:26 PM
Quote from: jb666 on July 18, 2012, 05:17:35 PM

YIKES! I wasn't referring to you Jb666. LOL...No, anybody that puts up an auction on a build, is looking for a sucker.

Jeff is from the state where they talk funny, and not in the good cute girl southern drawl kind of way.....i think he likes it.