News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

speaker placement

Started by 41husk, June 25, 2012, 04:40:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

41husk

I am thinking of having a CD player installed in the glove box of my Daytona replica.  I only see one speaker in the dash.  I am looking for suggestions for speaker placement in the car that won't altar the interior much and be the most unnoticed! Any suggestions?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

BigBlockSam

:popcrn: very little room in the front . :popcrn: :popcrn:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

take your old speaker out center of the dash   ,  gut it and use the frame to put two small speakers in
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

W4ATL

Use a MP3 player or iPod instead of CDs. Even the small iPod Shuffle can hold a lot of music. I have 4 hours of an original WABC broadcast from the Cousin Brucie show in September 1968 that I play through my original radio that has been modified with an AUX connector. Can't do that with CDs! Plus your not always fumbling with them.

I have this speaker in my dash...

http://www.turnswitch.com/speakers.htm

Back N Black

I installed my speakers in the front air vents.

bill440rt

I have one of these in the dash of my '68, a dual voice coil speaker. Much better bass response than 2 smaller speakers. Sound is very good.

http://www.soundmove.com/speakers_and_amps.htm

They also sell the 2 smaller speaker setups as well.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

68 CHARGER R/T

Quote from: Back N Black on June 28, 2012, 02:56:54 PM

back n black   how did you get them in their before i start looking at my vents   , what size are they  if i may ask    :2thumbs:

Back N Black

Quote from: 68 CHARGER R/T on June 28, 2012, 04:26:08 PM
Quote from: Back N Black on June 28, 2012, 02:56:54 PM

back n black   how did you get them in their before i start looking at my vents   , what size are they  if i may ask    :2thumbs:

Just remove the grills and they fit in on a slight angle. I think the speakers are 5 1/4 inch.
Here is a couple more pics.

68 CHARGER R/T

perfect thanks back n black  . i was looking for some slim slim ones to put in an extra pair of kick panels but that's perfect   . how's the sound quality ?

Why not get or make some speaker boxes to go under the front seats ? I'd also do the dual dash speaker but L & R would still sound mono.

Dino

I need to do some audio work myself.  After my little rain incident last year the aftermarket radio I bolted under the dash only plays through the left channels so I need to replace it.  I have the original speaker in the dash hooked up to the original am radio.  I've used it a few times listening to a ballgame.  There's something about the old muted am that makes it a nice experience.  For everything else I need a real radio though.

I wish I had those vents on both sides of the car because I think it's brilliant to put the speakers in there!

I was hoping I could find some flat speakers and with some mods put them in the kickpanels but when I removed the driver's side last week to check my wiring, I knew that would be tough to do if not impossible.  Boxes under the seat may be the ticket.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

41husk

I ended up putting the stereo in the glove box and ran the speaker wires to the back seats and have two removable book shelf speakers that sit on the back seat.  They have quick disconnects so I can remove them easily at shows.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

mpdlawdog

I made little boxes and put them in under the air vents...I dont have a/c so I really need those vents!!  they are not done...still have to cover them with carpet...its on my long list of things to do!!
pics are in the thread......
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89148.msg1013051.html#msg1013051
"Life is Tough...It's even tougher when you are stupid"  -John Wayne-

hallofcars

Under the front seats, for the loud speakers  ;)