News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

K-member date code

Started by Voss, July 09, 2012, 12:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Voss

Numbers question... I think I read somewhere about the K-member having a date code stamping.

Is this the case for all models and years? If it has a date code, what's the location of the stamp?

charger01

Not sure about a date code stamping.  I do know I had a k-member out of a 70 charger, and it had a small coin welded to the front of it.  Not sure of the signifigance why, but it was factory.

John_Kunkel

The coin contains the last two digits of the part number. Never seen a stamped date but...............
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

hemigeno

At least in '69 the k-members were dated on the front face:

Lennard

lexxman

I never knew there was any info on thr k-member.I'll have to go look at mine for the hell of it.

gtx6970

it's stamped on the forward face - just above where the bracket that comes back from the radiator support attaches to it

Voss

After some cleaning I found a date code on my K-member. It is a bit hard to see on the picture, but I am almost sure it is 59 68 1.

Could be 59 indicates day 59 of 1968 which would be February 28. Anyhow, it does not look to be the 4 digit stamping shown above on the '69.

The scheduled production date of the car is 307 on the fender tag (7 March, a Thursday), and the engine is stamped 3 11 on the pad (11 March, a Monday the week after).

Was the K-member stamped on the assembly line just before it was installed in the car?