News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

gas pedal replacement need help

Started by bricklayer, July 25, 2012, 02:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bricklayer

im putting new carpet in my pedal sits on top of a square piece of styrofoam. and i dont see any screws that hold it down do i just scrap it off or am i missing something. when i replace do i need that material under the pedal and how do i attach to carpet thanks  tom

elacruze

The pedal has two studs that go through the floor, very low on the firewall. On my manual trans they're a bitch to reach because of the Z-bar. Look below and to the center of the steering column, near the trans where the firewall curves to meet the floor. The styro is just a little gasket.

You can see the bolts in this pic, below the throttle cable;

1968 505" EFI 4-speed
1968 D200 Camper Special, 318/2bbl/4spd/4.10
---
Torque converters are for construction equipment.

:eek2:  I just took mine off not that long ago. Big block 4 speed car too and it was a real pain. Between trying to reach behind the head with the brake booster, z bar, clutch linkage, steering column and headers in the way, it created a wonderfully joyous experience.

Dino

Quote from: 440 on July 25, 2012, 05:33:52 PM
:eek2:  I just took mine off not that long ago. Big block 4 speed car too and it was a real pain. Between trying to reach behind the head with the brake booster, z bar, clutch linkage, steering column and headers in the way, it created a wonderfully joyous experience.

Do I detect a faint whim of sarcasm there?   :D
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Quote from: Dino on July 25, 2012, 05:35:47 PM
Quote from: 440 on July 25, 2012, 05:33:52 PM

Do I detect a faint whim of sarcasm there?   :D

No, not at all    :smilielol:

Bob T

Hi Bricklayer, I put mine in a few months ago and had a post up somewhere of the measurements for the mount holes, am at work now , will have to have a look for it tonight .cheers
Old Dog, Old Tricks.

Edit, upon reading again bricklayer mentions square foam which would indicate the floor mounted rubber pedal itself, not the rocker assembly.

bricklayer

I found the screws one was easy the other not so easy i shoud have put DW40 on bolts because i twisted one off ok well now i get to tell my wife i need to buy another.'Now time to install new carpet looks like most p[cs i seen on line here shows the pedal with the 2 screws sits somewhere around the top right corner of the matt that is built into carpet and as far as that foam/gasket do i use that or get something thinner  thanks  tom PS 69 CHARGER AUTO ON FLOOR 383

Bob T

Old Dog, Old Tricks.

bricklayer