News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

close call at carlisle

Started by tims68charger, July 10, 2012, 09:35:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tims68charger

got to carlisle on thurs.i stay at a campground about 10 miles south in mt holly.after eating dinner it started to thunder alot.took shelter in the cabin when a confirmed tornado came through the campground.watched acouple branches bounce off the left quarter panel.watched the guide wire from a pole snap and just hit the edge of the pass fender and edge of hood.there was at least a dozen trees and acouple poles that came down.the quarter panel will buff out and alittle touch up the hood and the charger will be as good as new.some people wern't so luckly.

tims68charger

nvrbdn

dang, thats scary. was the camp ground mostly people for the show? :shruggy:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

tims68charger

no,i was the only one for the show.everyone in the camp was there for vacation.we had no power for 24 hrs.still trying to post some pics.

resq302

Im confused.  The only bad weather we had was Sat night when we were out there.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

tims68charger

this storm started about 5:30 only lasted about 15 min.sat it thundered alittle,short blast of wind,a little drizzle that was it.the owner of the campground said that storm missed us but hit the next town over.

Ghoste

An isolated cell 10 miles away doesn't surprise me much that they missed it in Carlisle.  Glad to hear no one was hurt at your campground and the Charger survived.

resq302

All I know is that when we were driving to the resturaunt for the cuda-challenger.com sat dinner, there was  TON of severe lightning and it was quite windy.  The sky was the blackest I have ever seen it.  It wouldn't surprise me that something like that occurred.  Just surprised that it was so close yet we didnt see any kind of a funnel cloud or anything.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

bobs66440

Funny you should mention that.

Saturday night we had dinner at Hoss's in Mechanicsburg and there was some added excitement also. During dinner, a brief but lively thunder storm rolled through. One bolt of lightning hit really close...kaBOOM!... We didn't think much of it until afterwards when we went out to the parking lot to get into our car that was parked under a medium sized tree.. First we noticed that there was leaves and branches all over the car, then we looked at the tree.

Apparently, the lightning struck the tree, then ran to the ground, dug a small trench to a nearby electrical box and fried it. I'm glad we weren't getting into the car at the time!  :eek2:

c00nhunterjoe

Holy crap! Pa has been having some crazy weather lately. Glad my area hasn't been affected yet.

nvrbdn

wow, some wicked pic's of that tree. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House