News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

factory U code 1 owner 72 roadrunner at carlisle

Started by GOTWING, July 09, 2012, 11:04:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GOTWING

I'm not a "expert" on 1972 models,or any year in fact, but one car at Carlisle had me really confused. In building T with the Petty cars was a 72 one owner custom Road runner owned by Bill Waara, he had all the documentation showing it was a 440 car, and it did have a U code in the vin?? :shruggy: i thought the 440 4bbl was not avail. in a 72 Road runner? the car was cool with the original custom paint from when it was just a couple of years old. I really thought it was neat but i would have put vintage Cragar SS mags on it though!

471_Magnum

440 was part of the GTX package 72-74 on Road Runners
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

GOTWING

ok, i knew it was on the 73-4's i guess what through me off was no gtx emblems left on the car . :icon_smile_big:

69 OUR/TEA

I have a 72 U code,a Roadrunner GTX.Standard engine in 72 for a RR is a 400,optional was a 340,if you wanted a 440,it now made it a combined model called Roadrunner GTX.Total production for them was 672 ,219 4speeds and 453 autos.I saw the car also,and wondered why there was only roadrunner emblems on it.Apparently did'nt put on the GTX emblems that belonged on the front fenders.

GOTWING

that car would look period correct with Cragar SS rims with those polyglass goodyears! :2thumbs: the timeline book showed some of the worst rims ever made, " gold nuggets" :puke:

Ghoste

I can't say I'm familiar with "gold nuggets" rims.

GOTWING

they are gold plated rims with holes going around the inside and have a chrome lip, basically they are the cheapest rims in the catalog, :eek2: $35.00 each :smilielol:

DAY CLONA

GOTWING

THAT'S THEM !! :eek2: :eek2: IF YOU WANT TO RUIN THE LOOKS OF YOUR CAR PUT THESE ON IT !! :RantExplode:

Ghoste

Yikes!  I remember those but didn't know their name.  Very popular with the 1978 Z28 crowd.

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

Ghoste

I don't think its ever been popular with Mopar owners in general, we seem to have better taste.

GOTWING

what i find amazing is how nice of a job some of these older guys do on a "streetrod" and then put this garbage on them :eek2:

GOTWING

TK73, what 72 ?  :scratchchin: the only 440+6 72 car i have ever seen and proved to be real is a red 1 owner 72 rallye charger with YES a factory ramcharger hood. i know of the red road runner on this forum as well but that's it. :shruggy: