News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

selling items to a 0 post member

Started by EccentricMagpies, July 10, 2012, 07:56:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EccentricMagpies

I have a '73 hood and kind of struck up a deal with a 'DC.com' member... thing is, he has 0 posts and now I wonder if I should worry some about it?
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,88505.0.html

Perhaps he'll chime in or someone that has dealt with him will to ensure everything is fine.

I dont' know why, but something seems a little fishy with this whole thing.
He hooked up with some shipping (uship?) that will haul the hood for him to NY.

After he sent money via paypal, he tells me he is a retiring firefighter and wants to take long drives with his wife during his retirement.

That made me look over his account with DC.com again.  0 posts.
Unfortunately I sent phone and address already.  He hasn't picked up the hood yet.  Figures 14 days.

Perhaps I'm over thinking this whole thing but thought I'd ask some advice on this forum.
How do I personally get this hood insured?  So I don't hear, oh the hood was stolen and now I want my money back.  Or is this something to just back away from?

Thanks,
john
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Once you are paid (in verified funds), let the item go. We all had to start from somewhere, right?  :Twocents:

AirborneSilva

I'd say you are over thinking it, if he paid you your asking price, paid through paypal I just don't see the problem.

doctor4766

I think having zero posts only means that they have only posted in the classifieds section.

And I suppose not everyone wants to join in the fun 'n games of normal threads...
Gotta love a '69

Ghoste

No different than selling to a non member or a member with 3000 posts.  The risks and rewards and potential of all are exactly the same.

SRT-440

Yea if u got ur money then I wouldn't worry. As far as the zero count...that always throws a red flag with me also...however...we need to remember that ppl do searches on google for things that they are looking for and ur ad my have shown up.
It's usually the other way around...u send someone money and never get what u paid for. I'd just wait and see.  :2thumbs:
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

AirborneSilva

Quote from: SRT-440 on July 10, 2012, 09:15:33 AM
It's usually the other way around...u send someone money and never get what u paid for. I'd just wait and see.  :2thumbs:

That's what I'm dealing with now  :flame: I'm only out $45 but still........

bakerhillpins

Hope you didn't get some sob story about how it's for his "father son" project and they used it to beat you down on price.
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

skip68

Selling to a member with 0 post or low post means nothing most times if they pay fair price.  As long as the money is good.  SRT-440 said it best, it's usually the other way around.   No worries.  
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

charger_fan_4ever

It is the other way around you need to wory about. i bought from a zero post member and was quite the fiasco.

EccentricMagpies

thanks everyone... feel better about asking.
'74 Rallye 4spd (WH23L4) (1 of 94)
'74 Rallye Auto (WH23L4) (quad black)
'69 Swinger 340 - 4spd
'70 Duster 340 - 4spd

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

Quote from: bakerhillpins on July 10, 2012, 09:21:02 AM
Hope you didn't get some sob story about how it's for his "father son" project and they used it to beat you down on price.

Exactly! Offer what one can comfortably pay. If it's fair to all involved, it's a deal  :Twocents: