News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

ID this 4 speed linkage part!

Started by AKcharger, July 10, 2012, 04:52:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

Guys take a look. I pulled these black pieces of plastic from my Z-bar while restoring it. I'm pretty sure it's from a '66 Charger. So question is, are these original or did some one just stick 'em in there when the 2-piece white teflon ones wore out?

Rolling_Thunder

i've never seen anything like that in a Z-bar...     
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Cooter

I've seen actual 3/4" Sockets welded onto the ball as it wasn't there anymore, once the littlewhite bushing wore out and slid into the Z-bar.

Maybe somehwere along the line, the little white plastic bushing wore out and someone made those up to help protect the Z-bar?
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

AKcharger

Quote from: Cooter on July 10, 2012, 05:03:17 PM
Maybe somehwere along the line, the little white plastic bushing wore out and someone made those up to help protect the Z-bar?

Well that's the question. Those pieces were perfectly sized for the inside of the bar with no sizing slits or anything and there have been in there for a LOOOONG time. Just wondering if MOPAR used that BEFORE they went to the white bushings??

I have new white bushings and they fit perect in the bar...I'm just wondering