News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

66 Charger int. colors

Started by 65post, August 05, 2012, 12:14:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

65post

I have looked at a few RED interiors in 66 cars and some seem to be a very bright red while others are more of a darker red.Were there two different shades of red in 66?
Previously owned Daytona XX29L9B423239 - f8 - white int. - power windows.

Topher

Yep. Bright Red Metallic, and Burgandy(I think). I don't know the codes, but I bet someone chirps in and posts it shortly.
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

Alaskan_TA

Ghoste

Am I looking in the wrong place, I only see one red interior color?

ODZKing

Listed in 67 H4R and P6R - bright and dark red.  Says available in Coronet but I am sure you could get it in the Charger in 67 if you wanted it.
I thought about the dark red (carpet) for mine at one time but decided to go with the tradioional white pearl/black carpet.
I have a maroon carpet set if anyone needs one.  Brand new.

Ghoste

So not in 66 and possibly not 67 or at the very least it had to be a special request then?

Topher

Hmm....Booth's car has bright red in it, and I know I've seen silver cars with darker red. I'm talking 66's.
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

Ghoste

Okay, so I am just not reading the trim selector properly then? :shruggy: :'(

A383Wing

only one red offered in 66, metallic red is what it was called

other interior colors offered were: blue, tan, black, white, & citron

Bryan

Ghoste

What about 67 then Bryan, can you confirm that?

A383Wing

Quote from: Ghoste on August 05, 2012, 04:17:49 PM
What about 67 then Bryan, can you confirm that?

let me go get the book

Checking......only one red color offered in 67 as well, medium red metallic

Bryan

Ghoste

Okay, I couldn't find it in my books either but I thought maybe I just wasn't looking in the right place.

bobs66440

Mine is Metallic red. There are two shades of carpet though I think...Mine is bright red. There is a darker red, like burgundy.

Ghoste

Interesting, nice interior too. ;)

65post

So is this one met red? Looks like the seat belts match the seats.

bobs66440

Quote from: 65post on August 06, 2012, 10:12:06 AM
So is this one met red? Looks like the seat belts match the seats.
It's hard to tell, the photo color seems a little off. If it's a '66, then it's metallic red, unless someone re-covered the seats along the way with another color. The pics I posted are metallic red. The seat belts I installed are new and lighter than the interior color, so don't go by that.

FastbackJon

Just one red color code in all of the registered fastbacks for each year.

P4R in 1966
S6R in 1967

Examples:
http://www.1966-67chargerregistry.com/gallery/?year=66&view=int&trm=P4R

http://www.1966-67chargerregistry.com/gallery/?year=67&view=int&trm=S6R

Not all cameras and lighting are the same. And then you have people that edit pictures after the fact. So the colors appear differently. Plus you have people getting their cars redone and they don't buy pre-made seat covers, they have an upholstery shop build the covers from scratch, and then the red can be off. Even the aftermarket seat covers may be off some amount from originals, I'm not sure.

But just one color code that I've seen for each year.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

65post

Maybe with the red on red cars the guts just look brighter....

Ghoste

That could be quite possible. :yesnod: