News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Classy Chassis Car Show - Wilmington, NC

Started by Surf Charger, July 14, 2012, 08:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Surf Charger

Me, my wife, and my son went to a local Classy Chassis (http://www.poplargrove.com/car_show.htm) car show here in Wilmington today. I gotta say I was impressed with the number of mopars there. More than I saw at the Run to the Sun show in Myrtle beach! Got to see two R/T Chargers, a Coronet R/T, and a Road Runner. Overall it was a really neat car show as it was held at the old Popular Grove plantation and most of the cars were under the shade of big oak trees. Heres a few pics...

This '68 R/T was for sale but was not entered in the show. I thought it looked great so I had my wife and son stand next to it.

sixty8charger

Dang!  My wife and I are in New Bern,  that would have been a fun thing to do today.

Instead I mowed the lawn and drank beer.

Should have welded my rear fender patch in....  had to find motivation when it feels like 100 out..
Jayson

Topher

Does this happen every year? I'm west of yaw, near Charlotte, but this is an easy drive oabout 4 hours. Do you guys know about Mopar Week at Myrtle August 6-12th? My friends and I are planning to ride down to attend the cruise in at the Wheels Of Yesteryear Museum on the 12th. After being on vacation for a week with the family, then 4 days in Carlisle, its a little tough to justify another week at the beach. Did I just say that?  :slap:
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

bill440rt

Looks like it was a great day & a nice show. Thanks for posting pics, lots of nice cars there.

Quote from: Topher on July 15, 2012, 09:31:24 AM
Does this happen every year? I'm west of yaw, near Charlotte, but this is an easy drive oabout 4 hours. Do you guys know about Mopar Week at Myrtle August 6-12th? My friends and I are planning to ride down to attend the cruise in at the Wheels Of Yesteryear Museum on the 12th. After being on vacation for a week with the family, then 4 days in Carlisle, its a little tough to justify another week at the beach. Did I just say that?  :slap:

Hey, Topher!!
I read about Mopar Week in SC, too!
PM sent! :2thumbs:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

Surf Charger

Quote from: Topher on July 15, 2012, 09:31:24 AM
Does this happen every year? I'm west of yaw, near Charlotte, but this is an easy drive oabout 4 hours. Do you guys know about Mopar Week at Myrtle August 6-12th? My friends and I are planning to ride down to attend the cruise in at the Wheels Of Yesteryear Museum on the 12th. After being on vacation for a week with the family, then 4 days in Carlisle, its a little tough to justify another week at the beach. Did I just say that?  :slap:

Hey There. Yep..the wilmington show happens every year. Its getting bigger...I just like it b/c its super laid back and about 90% of the cars are in the shade so you don't burn up walking around looking at all the cars. Good variety of stuff too. Its a great show! You should definitely come next year!

Now I had no idea about Mopar week in Myrtle Beach. I'll have to drive down for that. Sounds like a lot of fun! Do you guys have any info/links for that?

bill440rt

I just found out about the Myrtle Beach show earlier this year. Sponsored by Arrington Performance. It's all week long, different shows/events each day. Not sure if I'm going to every event each day, but I'm definitely going to try to make most of them.

Here's a link.  :2thumbs:

http://www.moparsatthebeach.com/
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

sixty8charger

The Myrtle beach trip sounds awesome!   I will try and make that one....  wife might have to work..    :-\    which might cause me to not be able to go.
Jayson

sanders7981

Arggh!  Wish I had known about this show, I am 20 mins from Wilmington!