News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

car lift opinions

Started by flyinlow, September 11, 2012, 09:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flyinlow

Looking at 2 post lift , 9000 lbs symetric from Greg Smith in Indy.  My garage has a 10 ft ceiling so I will have to make a pocket in it. Floor is 5 inch thick with rebar wire.

Anyone deal with them?

Indygenerallee

Yep I bought both my lift's, rotissere and tire changer from him, He is a card though.
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Indygenerallee

I installed both my lift's also, rented a hammer drill and bought some redhead concrete lag bolts off Ebay.

69rtse4spd

If you are there when it is delivered, make sure everthing is there. My buddy bought one, two post, went & picked it up. Got home unpacked it, one lift arm short. Called him up, he said would ship it for a charge. Needless to say my buddy was a little upset, offered to meet him in Anderson, half way, he said no. Well my buddy told him he could just take the lift back, well after some more colorful discussion he sent him his arm. S**t happens but he should unpack his shipments from China, & make sure everthing is there. :Twocents:.

Indygenerallee

I went and picked mine up from their store, saved a ton on shipping but I only live a hour and half from their business. I have had my lift for over 6 years and I used them daily for over 4 years.

lasvegas69charg

i just installed a max jax lift which is a 2 post lift with a 48" lift range.  its pretty awesome and a easy install.  let me know if you need pics.
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

Cooter

I prefer the asym. Rotary Lifts.
" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

rattlehead_74

c00nhunterjoe

1970Moparmann

I've been going back and forth on either a Maxjax or a Mid Rise.  My problem is a 20 x 20 garage....
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

lasvegas69charg

the max jax is nice.  here is a few pics. it takes about 15 minutes to move it to a corner or set it up.  extremely portable.  my neighbor even bought a set of anchors and installed it in his garage so he just wheels the lift over whenever he needs it and always brings it back with a case of corona :icon_smile_cool:
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

1970Moparmann

How wide are your posts?  Your garage looks really narrow  :o

The wife wants her van back in the garage and I can see her hitting a post if I have it up and working.  This is my concern.  But, looking at your garage, it looks like I may be good.   :popcrn:

lasvegas69charg

i have a 2 car garage and a single car garage.  the lift is in the single car garage.  the garage is 12 x 19.  i got the post set 127" from end to end.

1970Moparmann

Quote from: lasvegas69charg on September 13, 2012, 04:04:17 PM
i have a 2 car garage and a single car garage.  the lift is in the single car garage.  the garage is 12 x 19.  i got the post set 127" from end to end.

Thanks.  Looks pretty practical.