News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where do I hook up a vacuum gauge to tune Thermoquad?

Started by WH23G3G, July 05, 2012, 08:22:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

I'm going to attempt to get my 73 Charger 400 with the 6321S Thermoquad I rebuilt up and running again before someone messed up the timing and didn't actually rebuild the carb that I paid them for. I had a friend turn the distributor and we about got it where it will fire up but my battery died because I've been cranking this car so much. When I get it running I want to tune the mixture. My question is where should I plug in the vacuum gauge to read while I tune it? Should I plug it into any of the carb ports or the intake manifold vacuum ports? It's got a/c,but havent tried to get that working yet, but everything is in place, all the emission vacuum hoses are hooked up for the OSAC, evap, and ported vacuum. So I just want to know where I need to plug it in to get an accurate reading while I turn the screws in and out?   

Paul G

You want a manifold vacuum port some where on the manifold, not on the carb.
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

WH23G3G

So I could unplug the vacuum hose for the a/c since it's not ready and just hook it up there? It's the manifold port for the brake booster, and has a couple other ports. The carb expert that was suppose to originally build my carb hooked it up to the back port on the Thermoquad where the Heated Inlet Air vacuum hose connects to.

71bee

Quote from: Paul G on July 05, 2012, 09:49:37 PM
You want a manifold vacuum port some where on the manifold, not on the carb.

yep, what he said. definitely use one of the brake booster fitting ports if you have one.