News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can I make a Dart A/C condenser fit in a Charger?

Started by Dino, July 08, 2012, 08:32:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

My car started out as a 318 car with A/C.  Those have the small compressor that runs the discharge line towards the passenger side to connect to the condenser, right above the intake line.  The car now has a 440 with a big block compressor.  Intake line is the same but the discharge line exits the compressor towards the driver's side, loops around the battery and goes to the front panel, then runs all the way to the condenser on the passenger side.  Mine's a bit different.  The discharge line stops at the front panel and has a bend so the line points towards the intake line on the other side.  It looks like a SB Dart configuration.  If I can make one of those fit then I don't need any more hard line to plumb in.  But the A body condensers are not as wide as the B body ones are they?  I'm sure I can extend the brackets so it bolts onto the frame and it should work just as well as the bigger condensers I think.  Does anyone have any measurements of the condenser between the hard lines?  Between the lines it measures exactly 26 1/2" on my car.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.