News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fender scoop opening Daytona size (need a quick answer)

Started by Daytona Guy, July 05, 2012, 07:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Guy

Fender scoop opening Daytona size (need a quick answer)

Dane

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

A383Wing

Daytona Guy

I went with 5.75

Just have to weld the waffle screen in and get the thing ready to paint :)

Dane

Daytona Guy

Update idea for anyone needing an easy clone part - Fender waffle grill $10.00 at most car stereo stores

Dane

Indygenerallee

moparstuart

or you can just buy the correct real stuff from wayne perkins , he also has the correct grille mesh
farmboy36b@comcast.net
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Daytona Guy

How much does Wayne charge? The sceen that i got sure looks the same. Also, this speaker screen is easy to get and for a clone it's very adequate. I would not recommend this for a real Daytona restoration.

Dane

Hemi Runner

I could have speakers under those!!! I would have tunes at the car shows coming out my fender scoops :2thumbs: :coolgleamA: :brickwall: :nana:  :smilielol:

held1823

why would you want to deal with the mess that the holes make, to begin with? 99.9% of the population would never know the difference.
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

Daytona Guy

Quote from: held1823 on July 07, 2012, 02:59:22 PM
why would you want to deal with the mess that the holes make, to begin with? 99.9% of the population would never know the difference.

So true, and I have never cut the wholes on any of 10 Daytona's I have built in the past, but this time I want to have them. I got tired of everyone looking in the vent/scoop - and not seeing anything, and appearing to have no reason for the vent. Just another fun thing to look at and talk about, with the real deal right there, instead of having to explain it all :)

Dane

moparstuart

Quote from: Daytona Guy on July 07, 2012, 03:29:02 PM

So true, and I have never cut the wholes on any of 10 Daytona's I have built in the past, but this time I want to have them. I got tired of everyone looking in the vent/scoop - and not seeing anything, and appearing to have no reason for the vent. Just another fun thing to look at and talk about, with the real deal right there, instead of having to explain it all :)

Dane

Quote]just get a couple of big sponges and shove then in the scoop when driving

Daytona Guy

Quote from: moparstuart on July 07, 2012, 05:26:05 PM

Dane

Quote]just get a couple of big sponges and shove then in the scoop when driving

Yes, I would hate for the air to come in through the vent and hit my tire :)

Dane

moparstuart

no rain , road debree and crud gets thrown up on your windshield and all over your car

Daytona Guy

That can't be - it sucks air in :)

You know I'm just egging this on with sarcasm :)

Dane

richRTSE

I wonder if you built some kind of a baffle to cover the hole from underneath if it would eliminate some of the mess... :shruggy:...then it would still appear "correct" for the curious passer-by's who wanna peak in there....

Hemi Runner

If it was a clone, I'd build a sliding sheet metal "door" to cover the holes. You could mount a dzus faster to lock it into the open and closed positions. Easy.....

moparstuart

Quote from: Hemi Runner on July 20, 2012, 07:01:23 PM
If it was a clone, I'd build a sliding sheet metal "door" to cover the holes. You could mount a dzus faster to lock it into the open and closed positions. Easy.....

why go to that trouble sponges work great

Hemi Runner

Quote from: moparstuart on July 20, 2012, 07:37:17 PM
Quote from: Hemi Runner on July 20, 2012, 07:01:23 PM

why go to that trouble sponges work great

Killjoy :nana:

Old Moparz

Dane

Might be more fun to put a motion sensor & one of those spring loaded snakes that they put in fake peanut cans inside the scoop. :D

This way, when someone looks in the snake pops out & scares the crap out of them they'll never ask you about the scoop.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Indygenerallee

A383Wing

Quote from: richRTSE on July 20, 2012, 04:30:49 PM
I wonder if you built some kind of a baffle to cover the hole from underneath if it would eliminate some of the mess... :shruggy:...then it would still appear "correct" for the curious passer-by's who wanna peak in there....

I thought about doing that....but time was getting short...I didn't put the hole & screen in mine

Bryan