News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Well we're here in Carlise

Started by BananaDan, July 05, 2012, 02:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

resq302

Quote from: bakerhillpins on July 08, 2012, 05:38:32 PM
Found the cat... took about 1 minute.  :smilielol:

And the ducks... those damn ducks are back.

Quote from: BananaDan on July 08, 2012, 04:21:48 PM
Here's one Kevin took with my camera.  I'm sure Brian will post his when he's home.

Ok, I will try to get it right.......   Top row.  Brian Shaughnessy, unknown, unknown, Bob (sorry, forgot your screen name), Our fearless leader (troy), Brian (Bakerhillpins), Tom (forgot your screen name also), Brian (man Im horrible with screen names), Dan (bananadan), Bill (bill440rt), Chris (6t9charger)  

Bottom row - Bob,  myself, and Bakerhillpins two sons.

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

RIDELIKEHELL

I hope to make it down there next year! Great shot guys!
AMD POSTER BOY

1968 CHARGER R/T  http://www.youtube.com/user/ridelikehell73

ralley72

I made it this year, Saturday,spent most of my time in the swap meet area, when I stop by the tent no one was there. Not even a duck.  I did take alot of pictures because this may have been the only chance I could have ever made it. Wish I could have meet a few members. Lots of great cars. :2thumbs:

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

XS29L9Bxxxxxx

I walked by the tent, too, and found it to be empty...  :shruggy: I was there from Thursday-Sunday  :coolgleamA:

DC_1

It was empty when I went by a couple times also. I kept thinking I would swing back by but never made it.

We headed out Sat around 5pm

resq302

I kept bouncing in and out so I was never there for any real extended period of time.  Only long enough for the pic and making up snow cones on Sat.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Old Moparz

How long has it been now since the members on this site have been meeting up at the DC.com tent for a group photo, 6 or 7 years?

And all you people are shocked when you go by at another time or day & discover that there's nothing but hot air under it?  (There's nothing but hot air under it when we're all there, but that's not my point)

It's always the same bat time, & the same bat channel, to get together. Saturday at either 12pm or 1pm, & lingers along until about 2pm.  

Next year we need to chain a designated greeter to the center pole, leave a chair & an empty pail, then bring them a beer every 30 minutes so it's never empty.   :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

bakerhillpins

NHCharger and I would stop in roughly every 2 hrs for about 40min while we cooled off and re-hydrated. Did this for all 3 days (thrus - sat) and basically only ever ran into Brian S other than the designated picture hour.    :shruggy:  Lots of folks were at the 70 registry tent, many of which frequent here. I guess we just smelled so bad they didn't bother to come over.  :icon_smile_wink:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

Old Moparz

Quote from: bakerhillpins on July 09, 2012, 01:11:15 PM
NHCharger and I would stop in roughly every 2 hrs for about 40min while we cooled off and re-hydrated. Did this for all 3 days (thrus - sat) and basically only ever ran into Brian S other than the designated picture hour.    :shruggy:  Lots of folks were at the 70 registry tent, many of which frequent here. I guess we just smelled so bad they didn't bother to come over.  :icon_smile_wink:

You never saw the dozen French speaking people who were living under Troy's tent for 3 days?
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Chris G.

Lots of folks were at the 70 registry tent, many of which frequent here. I guess we just smelled so bad they didn't bother to come over.  :icon_smile_wink:

While yes, our tent was popping all weekend  :angel:, anyone who is on both sites was in the group pic. This is no knock on Troy, but that tent rarely has people in it for long periods of time. Many members are spread out around the field and do their own setup. We have a specific year Charger, so most of us are close together. Plus I'm awesome, so that could be another reason.  ;) :P

r4daytona

This was my first year to know there was a designated time so I claim inexperience as my accuse for not being there.  I did see 4 foreign speaking people under the tent.  Were they the french ones?  They wont be back nest year as I hit them with a bumper jack and told them to find they're own tent !!  :smilielol:

TUFCAT

Quote from: r4daytona on July 09, 2012, 02:23:07 PM

They wont be back nest year as I hit them with a bumper jack and told them to find they're own tent !!  :smilielol:

FUNNY!!!  :haha: :haha:

BigBlackDodge

Who's the guy in the white shirt?

BBD :lol:

Old Moparz

Quote from: Chris G. on July 09, 2012, 02:11:53 PM
Lots of folks were at the 70 registry tent, many of which frequent here. I guess we just smelled so bad they didn't bother to come over.  :icon_smile_wink:

While yes, our tent was popping all weekend  :angel:, anyone who is on both sites was in the group pic. This is no knock on Troy, but that tent rarely has people in it for long periods of time. Many members are spread out around the field and do their own setup. We have a specific year Charger, so most of us are close together. Plus I'm awesome, so that could be another reason.  ;) :P

Chris, I Found a pic of '70 Charger Registry's eastern chapter.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Troy

I don't drive 453 miles to Carlisle to sit in a tent - even if it is 100+ degrees! I didn't even carry my chairs in except for Saturday (and never sat in one). Yes, it would be nice to park right next to it but I've never had that opportunity either. It seems like most guys spend a lot of time wandering through the swap meet. Most only take breaks at the tent. In years past we've had people at the tent most of the time (Doug, MoparSueBear, Koxville's dad, etc.). It just depends on who shows up and how much they like walking around. If it had rained we'd have had all sorts of new friends. The french Canadians sure appreciated it though. I should have charged them... ;)

Troy

Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

NHCharger

Quote from: BananaDan on July 09, 2012, 09:43:51 AM
Quote from: BananaDan on July 08, 2012, 04:21:48 PM
Here's one Kevin took with my camera.  I'm sure Brian will post his when he's home.

Here are the ones I know.  If you want to reply to this or PM me I'll update this post with names so we have one picture with all names next to it?   :shruggy:

Back row (L to R)
Brian (BrianShaughnessy),  mytur binsdirti,  rarefish?, Bob ODZking, Troy, Brian (BakerHillpins), Tom TeeWJay426, Cat,  Brian (NHCharger), Dan (BananaDan), Bill (Bill440RT), Chris (Just 6T9 CHGR)

Front row (L to R)
Bob (Old Moparz), Brian (resq302), the ducks, Alex and James (BakerHillpins boys)

I tried to fill in a few blanks
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

resq302

Looks like the Brian's were the majority!  lol
Brian

Ghoste

Perhaps, but being a majority doesn't necessarily make them right.

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Ghoste on July 09, 2012, 05:30:34 PM

Yes it does.   :nana:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Old Moparz on July 09, 2012, 01:15:45 PM
NHCharger and I would stop in roughly every 2 hrs for about 40min while we cooled off and re-hydrated. Did this for all 3 days (thrus - sat) and basically only ever ran into Brian S other than the designated picture hour.    :shruggy:  Lots of folks were at the 70 registry tent, many of which frequent here. I guess we just smelled so bad they didn't bother to come over.  :icon_smile_wink:

You never saw the dozen French speaking people who were living under Troy's tent for 3 days?

They are French and Canadian to boot so they are virtually un noticeable :D.  Didn't their whole state succeed and no one even care or notice?  :slap: :smilielol:

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on July 09, 2012, 05:35:25 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on July 09, 2012, 05:30:34 PM

Yes it does.   :nana:

:iagree:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

bakerhillpins

Quote from: NHCharger on July 09, 2012, 04:35:57 PM
Back row (L to R)
 mytur binsdirti,

You met the infamous head of penis and didn't bother to introduce me?  :slap:  WTH?                                          :lol:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

ODZKing

Here was my shot, Brian's was better.  Can barely see the kitty in this one.
BTW, I'm the one in the black shirt.

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: bakerhillpins on July 09, 2012, 06:53:58 PM
Quote from: NHCharger on July 09, 2012, 04:35:57 PM
Back row (L to R)
 mytur binsdirti,

You met the infamous head of penis and didn't bother to introduce me?  :slap:  WTH?                                          :lol:

Last year I called for everybody to introduce themselves because we all seem to be social degenerates..  or it could be just me..  but I failed this year.   Perhaps crazy from the heat.    Or just plain crazy... no heat required.   :shruggy:
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

BananaDan

*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein

Chris G.

Quote from: Old Moparz on July 09, 2012, 03:18:32 PM
Chris, I Found a pic of '70 Charger Registry's eastern chapter.

:2thumbs: They will never get the date right.  :brickwall: