News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Well we're here in Carlise

Started by BananaDan, July 05, 2012, 02:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bill440rt

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on July 08, 2012, 11:24:49 AM
I got to talk to some of the DC members.  :2thumbs:  I owe a big thank you to Brian and his parents for helping me set up the canopy and tear it down.  Wow, the heat was miserable.  :icon_smile_tongue:  I talked to Brian and the twins as I was leaving. I never made it down to the tent due to some issues I'm having. I also met Tom and we chatted for awhile about Graveyard Cars. Thanks for the green water bottle.  :cheers: 

Special shout-out to Jackie! THANK YOU SO MUCH! Got the little "surprise". That was SO thoughtful of you, love it!  :drool5:    Gotta repay the favor soon.
Thank you so much again! I got a special place picked out for it. Very cool!

We just got in this afternoon. Another one is history with more stories for the grandkids. Had a blast as usual. So much to see & do, so little time. This is one show that gets better & better each year.
I've got some pics, too. I'll try to post them soon.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

bakerhillpins

Found the cat... took about 1 minute.  :smilielol:

And the ducks... those damn ducks are back.

Quote from: BananaDan on July 08, 2012, 04:21:48 PM
Here's one Kevin took with my camera.  I'm sure Brian will post his when he's home.

One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: bill440rt on July 08, 2012, 05:28:45 PM
I got to talk to some of the DC members.  :2thumbs:  I owe a big thank you to Brian and his parents for helping me set up the canopy and tear it down.  Wow, the heat was miserable.  :icon_smile_tongue:  I talked to Brian and the twins as I was leaving. I never made it down to the tent due to some issues I'm having. I also met Tom and we chatted for awhile about Graveyard Cars. Thanks for the green water bottle.  :cheers: 

Special shout-out to Jackie! THANK YOU SO MUCH! Got the little "surprise". That was SO thoughtful of you, love it!  :drool5:    Gotta repay the favor soon.

We just got in this afternoon. Another one is history with more stories for the grandkids. Had a blast as usual. So much to see & do, so little time. This is one show that gets better & better each year.
Bill, I'm just glad Chris didn't keep it and paint it orange.  :rofl: :rofl:  I won that at a car show. And thought who can I give this to ?  :scratchchin: :scratchchin:  I really glad you liked it.  :cheers: :cheers: Hopefully next year I'll be able to walk around and enjoy the show.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

bill440rt

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on July 08, 2012, 05:40:09 PM

Bill, I'm just glad Chris didn't keep it and paint it orange.  :rofl: :rofl:  I won that at a car show. And thought who can I give this to ?  :scratchchin: :scratchchin:  I really glad you liked it.  :cheers: :cheers: Hopefully next year I'll be able to walk around and enjoy the show.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

LOVE it, Jackie! Thank you!
Again, that was so thoughtful.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: bill440rt on July 08, 2012, 05:41:45 PM
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on July 08, 2012, 05:40:09 PM
I got to talk to some of the DC members.  :2thumbs:  I owe a big thank you to Brian and his parents for helping me set up the canopy and tear it down.  Wow, the heat was miserable.  :icon_smile_tongue:  I talked to Brian and the twins as I was leaving. I never made it down to the tent due to some issues I'm having. I also met Tom and we chatted for awhile about Graveyard Cars. Thanks for the green water bottle.  :cheers:  

Special shout-out to Jackie! THANK YOU SO MUCH! Got the little "surprise". That was SO thoughtful of you, love it!  :drool5:    Gotta repay the favor soon.

LOVE it, Jackie! Thank you!
Again, that was so thoughtful.
Your very welcome.  :cheers: :cheers:  And congrats on 1st place  :2thumbs:

Steve P.

I think I found the cat, but it looks like an OWL to me!!!!
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

FJ5WING

Im pretty sure the winner of the Daisy Duke contest was in the Miss C@C contest and didnt even place....

She definetly ROCKED her bikini!! sorry, no camera boys!
wingless now, but still around.

bill440rt

Here's a few of the DC tent just prior to meeting everyone of those that came. It was great to see/meet everyone once again.
A few feathered friends also joined our group.  :D

I warned NHCharger NOT to step on a duck!  ::)

bill440rt

Here's Bob (Old Moparz) & our fearless leader Troy!  :cheers:

Oh, and our friend. The Cat.  :icon_smile_wink:

bill440rt

Another group shot of NHCharger (left), Troy (center), & OldMoparz (right).

Troy, I'm terribly sorry about your hat. I had no idea the duck would do that. I'm sure the stains will come out. Wash on a gentle cycle & let air dry.  :cheers:

bill440rt

We had about 4 or 5 cameras going at the same time I think?
Here's another group photo.

Can we identify some of the members on this for everybody?

resq302

Quote from: bakerhillpins on July 08, 2012, 05:38:32 PM
Found the cat... took about 1 minute.  :smilielol:

And the ducks... those damn ducks are back.

Here's one Kevin took with my camera.  I'm sure Brian will post his when he's home.

Looks like one of the ducks died from being cooked on the field in 102*.    :smilielol:

Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Fred

Quote from: bill440rt on July 08, 2012, 08:05:06 PM
Another group shot of NHCharger (left), Troy (center), & OldMoparz (right).

Troy, I'm terribly sorry about your hat. I had no idea the duck would do that. I'm sure the stains will come out. Wash on a gentle cycle & let air dry.  :cheers:

Obviously the duck did that when it saw the cat! That cat was way too close for comfort.  :lol: :lol:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

Quote from: bill440rt on July 08, 2012, 08:06:49 PM
We had about 4 or 5 cameras going at the same time I think?
Here's another group photo.

Can we identify some of the members on this for everybody?

Would love to be able to put names to faces.  :yesnod: thankyou.

Steve P.

Just make them up, Fred. It'll be more fun!!!!!   :D
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Fred

You are one funny guy Steve P.  :2thumbs:  :smilielol:
I'll work on it and see if I can't come up with some good ones.

Steve P.

Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

FLG

Missed it again, maybe next year guys.... :rotz:

Jackie, im sure shelby was crushed i couldnt make it  :rofl:

Wicked72

ugh i feel so bad i missed meeted you guys. next year ill be there for sure!!!
M-Massively O-Over P-Powered A-And R-Respected

Ghoste

Always love to see the group shot.

gtx6970

I see Troy was there , but I reconize most of the faces, and even know the names of a few

ACUDANUT

Mytur Binsdirti

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: FLG on July 09, 2012, 02:06:30 AM
Missed it again, maybe next year guys.... :rotz:

Jackie, im sure shelby was crushed i couldnt make it  :rofl:
We never made it down to the tent. I'm injured again.  :brickwall:

BananaDan

Here's one Kevin took with my camera.  I'm sure Brian will post his when he's home.

Here are the ones I know.  If you want to reply to this or PM me I'll update this post with names so we have one picture with all names next to it?   :shruggy:

Back row (L to R)
Brian (BrianShaughnessy),  Mytur Binsdirti,  RareFish, Bob (ODZKing), Troy, Brian (BakerHillpins), Tom (TeeWJay426), Cat,  Brian (NHCharger), Dan (BananaDan), Bill (Bill440RT), Chris (Just 6T9 CHGR)

Front row (L to R)
Bob (Old Moparz), Brian (resq302), the ducks, Alex and James (BakerHillpins' boys)
*This post brought to you by Carl's Jr.®*

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. The mediocre mind is incapable of understanding the man who refuses to bow blindly to conventional prejudices and chooses instead to express his opinions courageously and honestly.  ~A. Einstein