News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Westen's Car

Started by Drache, July 01, 2012, 12:37:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drache

So some might remember Westen, the kid with Muscular Dystrophy whom I took on the cruise. Well the car club went another step further, we built Westen a soap box derby car for the races this year. Sadly I was out of town for it but the car club came through in style!

Look it's a soapbox derby car!

Can you see it now?

Coming along!

Side view after paint

Race Day

Go go go!

Trophy for best looking car

Westen, his car, his trophy

The skull shifter? That's the brake handle!

So there will be some minor changes to the car. We will be wiring the headlights and taillights so they will work and changing the break system a little. Also the rear tires are being swapped out for rear tires off a riding lawn mower to give it that more hotrod look. Westen will then be taking and putting his soapbox car into next year's car show.

Also the car club will be making two more derby cars. One for Westen's sister, and the other will be raffled off with tickets being FREE!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

bill440rt

WOW!!!   :o :o

That thing is bad-ass!!  :2thumbs:
Very, VERY creative indeed. Lucky kid for sure, your club was very thoughtful building it for him. 
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

70charginglizard

That is one of the coolest things ever!   :cheers:
70charginglizard

Drache

Another plan was to build a little soapbox kind of car with an engine and in the shape of a tow truck to use to drag the soapbox derby back up to the top of the hill for Westen (he's confined to a wheel chair).
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Ghoste

That is a great thing you guys did there Drache.

charge69

That is an aweome car and a beautiful thing the club did to make and give him the car!!  I love it and the creativity that goes into building it !!  Nice post !

Back N Black

aussiemuscle

wow, that barrow makes a great hot rod body. well done, guys. Kudos to you.

Wouldn't it better to sell the tickets and give the proceeds to charity?

Drache

Quote from: aussiemuscle on July 01, 2012, 11:51:53 PM
Wouldn't it better to sell the tickets and give the proceeds to charity?

1) In Canada you need a special license from the Government to put on a raffle that involves taking money. It's an annoying process.

2) We just want to get the car club a little more known and all the parts and supplies are donated to us anyways.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Drache

I would like to invite you all to the Horsepower Hooligans website that was just created earlier this week. It still needs a LOT of work but it's a start.

www.HorsepowerHooligans.com
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Indygenerallee

Awesome! My only thing would have been to paint the sidewalls white!! But other than that it looks badass!!!  :coolgleamA:
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Drache

Feel free to sign the guest book on the Contacts page! The more the merrier! All posts have to be approved by the site admin before they'll be visible.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

mauve66

pretty sweet, if i hadn't seen the before and after i wouldn't have believed it :2thumbs:
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

Brass

This brings me joy.  Way to go!

TUFCAT

Extremely creative.... I wish I could do that!  You guys made a kid very happy.  :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

c00nhunterjoe

That's awesome! We need more people in the hobby like you guys  :2thumbs:

Drache

going to make its own thread
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

TruckDriver

Quote from: bill440rt on July 01, 2012, 06:51:09 AM
WOW!!!   :o :o

That thing is bad-ass!!  :2thumbs:
Very, VERY creative indeed. Lucky kid for sure, your club was very thoughtful building it for him. 
:iagree: :iagree: :iagree: :iagree:

That is way cool!!!!  :cheers: :2thumbs:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

billssuperbird