News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1967 Charger Help

Started by Road Dog, July 06, 2012, 06:37:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Road Dog

Have a friend who is looking at this car. I know little about what to look for on these gen1's. He doesn't care about matching #s.

http://www.oldcaronline.com/ocdetail585943.htm
If your wheels ain't spinn'n you ain't got no traction.

Big Sugar

Looks like a nice car.......I highly doubth the milage claim unless its in thousands, but either way it looks about right for the $$ they're asking.   Prices are high on first gens right now at least up in canada so if that 67 has a sound body and nice paint I'd say go for it.... If the headlights roll and the gauges light up your in good shape.                                     

Ron

[img]<table border="0" cellpadding="0" style="border-collapse: collapse" width="182" id="table1" height="202" bordercolorlight="#ECEBF1" bordercolordark="#E9DFD1" b

Ghoste

Road Dog

Thanks, Any areas on these cars more prone to corrosion?

Ghoste

Same basically as other B-bodies.  Check the spare tire well as it is below the regular trunk floor and can be a secret water trap.

Road Dog

wingcar

Very nice.  Glad to see the first generation Chargers are finally going up a bit in value.  (I purchased my '67 without engine/trans for $500.00 many years ago.  It was othervise complete and just need the seats redone......)  It seems to be a "love it" or "hate it" body style.....
Enjoy......................
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

FastbackJon

Quote from: Road Dog on July 06, 2012, 07:26:11 AM
Thanks, Any areas on these cars more prone to corrosion?

They didn't do a great job rust proofing on the insides of the sail panels and on some cars under the headliner. You can see inside the sail panels from the trunk with a flashlight, but the headliner is another story.

Kind of worries me how many of these nicely painted cars are driving around just rusting from the inside out.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Ghoste

My poor roof is getting it from both sides.  Vinyl top cars.  :pullinghair:

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Ghoste on July 06, 2012, 07:37:47 AM
Same basically as other B-bodies.  Check the spare tire well as it is below the regular trunk floor and can be a secret water trap.

Didn't the factory install a sump pump on 66/67 Chargers spare tire area.  :scratchchin:

Ghoste

It was optional, a lot of people liked to keep it filled with water for those long cross country trips.  The camel of Chargers.

wingcar

I thought was the mini pool option....you take a swim, then lay out under the large back window and get a tan.... :shruggy:
1970 Daytona Charger SE "clone" (440/Auto)
1967 Charger (360,6-pak/Auto)
2008 Challenger SRT8 BLK (6.1/Auto) 6050 of 6400

Ghoste

Thats the hot tub option.  Very similar and it installs in the same place so its an easy mistake.  There was also the beer cooler option that went in the same location but it is easy to tell by the insulated sides.  A lot of people don't know it, but a beer cooler fastback was the inspiration for that scene in Dazed and Confused with all the beer in the trunk of the car.  Theyu tried hard to get a beer cooler Charger but the guy backed out at the last minute so they had to substitute a different car.  The producer was a big Mopar fan so they chose a Duster just to keep him happy.  It was a pretty important scene after all.