News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Are these seats any good? And what year car?

Started by hatersaurusrex, July 01, 2012, 08:37:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hatersaurusrex

When I bought my 68 the PO had kindly "installed" a set of buckets from an earlier B-body.  My best guess by looking at them is that they're from a 67 Charger.   They weren't bolted to the floor, and had 2x4's under them.  They're pretty ratty, and the tracks appear to be rust bombs but I guess could still be used as cores considering how rare the 67 cars are in the first place.

1st question:  Are they in fact seats from a 67?
2nd question:  Are they even worth trying to sell?   If so, what's a fair price?

66Seats by tecmotimes, on Flickr

557851_441250145907435_1332112942_n by tecmotimes, on Flickr

DSC_0182 by tecmotimes, on Flickr
[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

Ghoste

Yes, those are 67 seats.  You might as well sell them to someone doing an earlier car and get the right ones.

hatersaurusrex

Yep that's the idea, in fact I bought a pair of '68 seats with tracks from a member here already.   Just have no idea what kind of value to put on them if I wanted to sell them or do some horse trading.   

Ghoste

I don't know, they look pretty beat so you are basically just selling the frames and unfortunately in your case, 2nd gen parts go for a lot more money than 1st gen stuff.  An even trade is obviously the best if you can just find that someone in the opposite situation you are in.

kab69440

They may be '67 seats but are there holes in the upholstery of the seatbacks for the medallions? If they were from a '67 Charger, they should bolt right in to your '68, no need for 2x4s. 66-70 used the same floorpan and bucket seat mounting tabs. C barge units, maybe?
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

hatersaurusrex

Quote from: kab69440 on July 02, 2012, 12:02:07 PM
They may be '67 seats but are there holes in the upholstery of the seatbacks for the medallions? If they were from a '67 Charger, they should bolt right in to your '68, no need for 2x4s. 66-70 used the same floorpan and bucket seat mounting tabs. C barge units, maybe?

Don't remember looking.  I can ask my bro if he sees the medallions holes.

It could be they weren't bolted down because the tracks are shot, didn't really ask.   In fact I didn't notice they were the wrong seats till I'd had the car a while.    I'm a rookie to this whole thing :)

Ghoste

Look at the backs, those are Charger seats not C-body.

Dino

1st gen seats with busted tracks.  I see a donation in your future.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Ghoste

Yeah, you might be further to just give them away unless you plan to sell them cheap cheap.  I get what you are saying about the rarity of the 67 Chargers but the basic core of that seat is like the other 66 and 67 B-bodies and there are a lot of those.  Now if those Charger unique panels were in better shape...