News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got some attention today

Started by Fred, July 02, 2012, 08:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Drove down to the shops this morning and as I was pulling out again a truck pulled up right in front of me blocking my path. I'm thinking what on earth, can't he see I'm trying to move out, when the truck driver gets out of his truck and comes over to me. I roll down my window to hear what he has to say and he just raves on about how much he loves my car and how beautiful and well maintained it looks after all this time and how he's always liked them and what a credit to me.
But the biggest surprise...................I was driving the Ford Bronco. Made my day.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

hatersaurusrex

[ŌŌ]ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ[ŌŌ] = 68
[ŌŌ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖƖ][ŌŌ] = 69
(ŌŌ)[ƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗƗ](ŌŌ) = 70

larmstrong11

go to the ford bronco site and have fun

Fred

bull

A 1984 Bronco? Well, given the vanilla selection of available cars these days I guess it's possible but I'm real close to calling BS on this story.

Fred

I'm not saying it happens every day but it did happen today.

TheGhost

You gotta admit, it's damn rare to see one that's not falling apart from the rust.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Fred

Yes, I've seen more than a few rust buckets myself but my baby's like brand new (including interior). And even though she's the daily driver, she's as well looked after as the Charger. Hence the compliments.  I'd never sell it.

LaOtto70Charger

twodko

I can just see your grinning mug as you motor down the road in that super clean Bronco. I'm chronically fastidious about keeping my car, toys, tools, home, cats etc pristine.........to expensive to replace. Good on ya mate! Best to Mrs. Fred.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Ghoste

That's funny.  One of the topics of conversation that came up at work last week was how popular Broncos are in So Cal.  Don't know where you live but evidentally they are a big thing.

moparguy01

That is one NICE bronco. I've owned quite a few of them, wonderful trucks. I had a 79 with a 400 4 speed I had to sell due to a knee surgery. It had a REALLY stiff clutch. and then i bought a 94 bronco with a 351.

Whats under the hood of yours?

nvrbdn

looks really clean fred. your road block was correct. you have kept it very nice. of course you guys dont see all the salt on the road down under like here in the midwest. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Troy

Fred, you've confused some people by posting your picture upside down! ;) I'm guessing that Bronco is a lot rarer in your part of the world. Although, a rust free Bronco is pretty rare around here. You can find rusty ones without too much trouble though - usually sitting in a field but sometimes on the road with big tires and a hillbilly driving. I almost bought a maroon Eddie Bauer (not sure of the year) a few years ago until I looked underneath it.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

moparstuart

Quote from: Troy on July 03, 2012, 02:14:14 PM
Fred, you've confused some people by posting your picture upside down! ;) I'm guessing that Bronco is a lot rarer in your part of the world. Although, a rust free Bronco is pretty rare around here. You can find rusty ones without too much trouble though - usually sitting in a field but sometimes on the road with big tires and a hillbilly driving. I almost bought a maroon Eddie Bauer (not sure of the year) a few years ago until I looked underneath it.

Troy

the tailgates are usually the first thing to start rusting  ,  I have sold over 100 of those things

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Darkman

I'm guessing that Bronco is a lot rarer in your part of the world.

Nice car Fred!

Troy, they're not as rare as you think here in Aus. They were sold here for quite a while. Late 80's and early 90's, they were everywhere. That being said, a good one is quite rare
Make it idiot proof, and somebody will make a better idiot!

If you think Education is difficult, try being stupid!

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Time to go to deniliquin Fred  :lol:

Do you use F-100 spares Fred?  I'm flying to the US on Sunday to collect my F150 and probably need some bits to get it through.

Where's Doc? I have accommodation paid for   ;)

Fred

Quote from: 440 on July 03, 2012, 11:22:26 PM
Time to go to deniliquin Fred  :lol:

Do you use F-100 spares Fred?  I'm flying to the US on Sunday to collect my F150 and probably need some bits to get it through.

Where's Doc? I have accommodation paid for   ;)

What's in Deniliquin?
Yes I use F-100 spares. I wish you a good trip, hope all goes well for you.  :2thumbs:

Fred

Quote from: twodko on July 03, 2012, 10:37:34 AM
I can just see your grinning mug as you motor down the road in that super clean Bronco. I'm chronically fastidious about keeping my car, toys, tools, home, cats etc pristine.........to expensive to replace. Good on ya mate! Best to Mrs. Fred.

Me too Tom, everything is spick and span. That's the way I'm made. So it's always nice to get an appreciative compliment.
Mrs. Fred sends her love.

Fred

Quote from: Ghoste on July 03, 2012, 10:40:57 AM
That's funny.  One of the topics of conversation that came up at work last week was how popular Broncos are in So Cal.  Don't know where you live but evidentally they are a big thing.

Well looked after ones are always admired. We have a lot of Jappers here as do you, so the big Bronco stands out.

Quote from: moparguy01 on July 03, 2012, 11:24:40 AM
That is one NICE bronco. I've owned quite a few of them, wonderful trucks. I had a 79 with a 400 4 speed I had to sell due to a knee surgery. It had a REALLY stiff clutch. and then i bought a 94 bronco with a 351.

Whats under the hood of yours?

Thanks mate. Mine's got a Cleveland 351. It's on duel fuel..........it runs on petrol and LPG.

Quote from: nvrbdn on July 03, 2012, 02:00:35 PM
looks really clean fred. your road block was correct. you have kept it very nice. of course you guys dont see all the salt on the road down under like here in the midwest. :yesnod:

:2thumbs: mate. That's right no salt here. You can keep a car forever here if you look after it and are so inclined.

Fred

Quote from: moparstuart on July 03, 2012, 02:39:03 PM

Troy

the tailgates are usually the first thing to start rusting  ,  I have sold over 100 of those things

You're right about the tail gates for sure. Every now and again I squirt oil in the doors and tail gate and so far no rust. I do it to all my cars.

Fred

Troy

Thanks for noticing Troy. For anyone I've confused........I've posted it again.  I hope this time it gets there right side up.   :lol:

Fred

Quote from: Darkman on July 03, 2012, 04:21:41 PM
I'm guessing that Bronco is a lot rarer in your part of the world.

Nice car Fred!

Troy, they're not as rare as you think here in Aus. They were sold here for quite a while. Late 80's and early 90's, they were everywhere. That being said, a good one is quite rare

:2thumbs:  I love it because there's plenty of space inside (something the Americans have always got right).

Deniliquin is the largest Ute Muster in Australia. K Rudd even got invited himself.   :lol:

http://www.deniutemuster.com.au/

Is F100 spares expensive or are they reasonable?