News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

doing brake conversion and ran into a problem

Started by lasvegas69charg, July 04, 2012, 11:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lasvegas69charg

Hi. I am doing a 4 wheel disc conversion from right stuff and ran into a small problem. I was trying to mount the power booster on a already power brake car and notice the power booster bolt pattern that came with the kit doesn't match up with the stock bolt pattern. Is this normal and do I need to drill new holes for the new bolt pattern?  Thanks.
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

Chryco Psycho

Contact the MFg & see it they sent you the wrong part

lasvegas69charg

I called them and they said that is the right booster and that I would have to modify the bolt pattern.
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

Chryco Psycho

not cool , they should have it so it bolts up .

HPP

There are some manufacturers out there that use GM parts in their kits. Sounds like you may have gotten one of those.

You can modify firewall to fit the parts you have. Return the kit and look for another. Purchase a rebuilt mopar specific booster and master cylinder to replace one the ones in your kit and keep everything else.

Chryco Psycho

Rolling_Thunder

I agree - I would send the kit back for a full refund - then buy a rotor / caliper kit - then get a remanned mopar booster and master   :rotz:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

lasvegas69charg

It is a gm booster. The mfg said I  could use a mopar booster with a non-power master cyl. Does this make any sense?

kab69440

You can use a PB master. You'll need to install an adjustable line pressure valve in the line going to the resr wheels.
They specify a MB master because the line pressure to the rear on a PB master will cause rear wheel lockup when plumbed to a caliper. Hence, the line pressure adjustment valve.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."