News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1970 Superbird - 440 -6 pack

Started by 62BT409, July 02, 2012, 07:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

62BT409

I found this listing on Moparts......  I will put the pics up and information. NOW this copied and I did not do the spelling or the English  ;o)

I found 1970 Superbird w/440 6-pack in shed. And he want to sell it. So I am helping him to sell it. He want $175,000, motor and transmission is number match. And it only 22,000 mile on it. This car is from North Carloina. And it has some history from racing at NC.
I am deaf so if you have any question - Text me 217-652-0638

62BT409

another pic

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

TheAutoArchaeologist

I know that car.  It isn't for sale.  Lets see what is going on here.

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

WINGIN IT

Sounds fishy to me, both newer members with 2 posts?, just sayin...

Moparts :

Profile for bltcuda1972  

Email  bltcuda@gmail.com      
Member #  52678    
Name  Brad Thoele    
Title  member    
Total Posts  2    
  Homepage    
Occupation    
Hobbies    
Location  Illinois    
Bio    
ICQ Number    
Required - Moparts is all about what brand of cars?  Cuda  
Required - What made you to want to join moparts?  I have Cuda and I am looking for parts.  
Registered on  Thu Feb 04 2010 11:20 AM    

DC.COM :

Summary - 62BT409  Picture/Text
Name:  62BT409
Position:  New Member
Date Registered:  August 22, 2011, 01:06:43 PM
Last Active:  Today at 07:03:57 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MSN:  
YIM:  
Email:  62BT409@gmail.com  
Current Status:   Online   [Add To Buddy List]  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TheAutoArchaeologist

The owner of the Superbird and I are good friends.  I am still trying to find a cheap 1970 6-bbl intake for that car (someone stole the original).

I left him a message, see what he says.  I only talked to him before Power Tour and never mentioned selling the Bird and that DEFINITELY would have come up since it is one of his "babies".

http://www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com/2010/01/superbird-in-barn-birds-of-feather.html

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/sets/72157623232750228/

Ryan

moparstuart

Quote from: Devil on July 02, 2012, 08:24:20 PM
The owner of the Superbird and I are good friends.  I am still trying to find a cheap 1970 6-bbl intake for that car (someone stole the original).

I left him a message, see what he says.  I only talked to him before Power Tour and never mentioned selling the Bird and that DEFINITELY would have come up since it is one of his "babies".

http://www.carsinbarns.blogspot.com/2010/01/superbird-in-barn-birds-of-feather.html

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hemipwr70/sets/72157623232750228/

Ryan
ryan there is a guy on 69 rr .net who was selling an intake and air cleaner , no carbs  what is the guy looking to spend 

TheAutoArchaeologist

He is looking cheap.  I email him prices and he lets me know if he wants it or not.  So far he has not said to grab anything.

Thanks though.

moparstuart

Quote from: Devil on July 02, 2012, 08:50:53 PM
He is looking cheap.  I email him prices and he lets me know if he wants it or not.  So far he has not said to grab anything.

Thanks though.
i doubt you will get a intake for less than 200 even if the cast ones are boat anchors

GOTWING

that car would be sweet with white interior and a pistol grip! :drool5:

charger_fan_4ever

So someone living in a hut in India is trying to scam an unsuspecting buyer. Should have updated his prices. $175k for a project is a little high considering the 5,000 mile survivor topped out at 103k on the bag.

maxwellwedge

Car could have had the aluminum intake as well.....but no way of knowing now

moparstuart

Quote from: maxwellwedge on July 06, 2012, 11:14:32 AM
:popcrn:  some of the 70's ???  got aluminum ???

62BT409

Sure are A LOT of Birds and Daytonas here at the Chrysler Nats in Carlisle........

moparstuart

Quote from: 62BT409 on July 06, 2012, 05:23:41 PM
Sure are A LOT of Birds and Daytonas here at the Chrysler Nats in Carlisle........
:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:  pictures man  pictures 

GOTWING

no fear Stuart, I will have so many pics tomorrow to post on facebook! i will try again to post here but most of the time there is an issue :eek2: My buddy is there in the relic barn find whatever ya want to call it section with his 69 superbee he found in a barn had been sitting since 76, he got it going and left it all crapped out original, ill get pics, it was in O.C. last year.

moparstuart

Quote from: GOTWING on July 06, 2012, 08:26:11 PM
no fear Stuart, I will have so many pics tomorrow to post on facebook! i will try again to post here but most of the time there is an issue :eek2: My buddy is there in the relic barn find whatever ya want to call it section with his 69 superbee he found in a barn had been sitting since 76, he got it going and left it all crapped out original, ill get pics, it was in O.C. last year.
my uncle george posted this one on facebook

62BT409

Quote from: GOTWING on July 06, 2012, 08:26:11 PM

I am one of thsoe A-Holes that take a camera but it never leaves the truck, besides it was so frickin hot. Myabe my buddy took some.  Also a nice red C-500, Hemi, auto, console for 110k

odcics2

Are the twin screw drivers included?  Are they also number matching?

I've never owned anything but a MoPar. Can you say that?

TheAutoArchaeologist

That's the funny thing, the car is free, the screwdrivers are $175,000 and he will not separate.

maxwellwedge

Quote from: moparstuart on July 06, 2012, 11:19:43 AM

Yes - A lot a earlier 70 440-6 engines got the leftover aluminum intakes. Edelbrock finally delivered so Ma used 'em up. Seems like quite a few of the Birds got them for some reason.....probably an engine plant run.

moparstuart

Quote from: maxwellwedge on July 10, 2012, 09:00:31 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on July 06, 2012, 11:19:43 AM

Yes - A lot a earlier 70 440-6 engines got the leftover aluminum intakes. Edelbrock finally delivered so Ma used 'em up. Seems like quite a few of the Birds got them for some reason.....probably an engine plant run.
i would love to toss my boat anchor of a cast intake .    :D

gtx6970

175k is not going to happen,,imo

Mytur Binsdirti

Quote from: charger_fan_4ever on July 06, 2012, 11:12:31 AM
So someone living in a hut in India is trying to scam an unsuspecting buyer.

I speak his language; do you want me to take of him?