News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"Flight 93"

Started by Charger Aficionado, February 01, 2006, 10:17:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

Man. 
   Have any of you seen this movie?  I just got home from work, and restin' and this was already on.  What an awesome movie.  It's on A&E.  Damn it's good.  Still can't believe it's real.

4402tuff4u

It was a pretty cool movie on what they believed happened aboard the craft, but very sad too. It's just sad how you knew that they were all doomed and how they kept in contact with their families by cell phone. You hear all sorts of conspiracies that the airliner was shutdown but the facts lead to the belief that the terrorist put the plane on a nose dive when the heroes broke through the cockpit door. The terrorist way under estimated the will of the Americans! :patriot:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

BB1

Yup, I had a ticket to fly to Austin TX on 911. Fortunately it was a later flight.
I ended up driving down, listing to the radio the whole way down.

I was pissed that I was inconvenienced, afterwards I felt rather stupid.  :rotz:

God bless those folks; I'd hope I would have done the same thing.  :patriot:

Great movie.
Delete my profile

69_500

I missed the movie, but I had seen ads for it. I'm hoping they show it a few more times so I have a chance to view it.

70charginglizard

Tell you one thing.

Those bastards try messing with an airplane when I'm on board. I'm not even going to hesitate. Im grabbin a seat cousion and kickin some butt.
70charginglizard

4402tuff4u

Quote from: 70charginglizard on February 02, 2006, 03:04:22 PM
Tell you one thing.

Those bastards try messing with an airplane when I'm on board. I'm not even going to hesitate. Im grabbin a seat cousion and kickin some butt.

I think if they try that nowadays, by the time you get up to give them a piece of you, air marshalls will already have several bullets in them.  :icon_smile_big:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

Lowprofile

Quote from: 4402tuff4u on February 02, 2006, 03:10:08 PM
Tell you one thing.

I think if they try that nowadays, by the time you get up to give them a piece of you, air marshalls will already have several bullets in them.  :icon_smile_big:

As it Should Be. :2thumbs: :patriot:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Charger Aficionado

Tell you one thing.

You know honestly watching the movie.  If they had just attacked the terrorists IMMEDIATLEY they would have had chance to recover the plane due to having some altitude.  Not knowing if there was a bomb was the kicker. 

Now what happens if they DID take-over the plane.  The USAF was monitoring it, and it was under 10 mins from D.C. area with F16s enroute....   I think they were STILL DOOMED.  They would've had to get on the MIC QUICK!

71bee

even though we don't show it enough, we all love or somewhat share a respect for each other.  good flick, very sad day in American history.

DodgeChargerNeeded

You can't really say that you would have done something. But we learned from that day that there is no longer a "normal" hijacking just to fly to Cuba or something stupid. Because a normal hijacking they just sit back while someone gives orders. Can you tell me another time that a passenger took over and started actually flying the plane.
Jeff

Charger Aficionado

Comes on AGAIN on A&E Sat and Sunday Morning at 9AM  (keep in mind my program guide is West Coast).  Tell me what you think about it.

Silver R/T

will try to watch it sometime
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

my73charger

I'll tell you one thing.  It keeps the fire burning.  We can never forget that day.

69_Hemi_Charger

Quote from: my73charger on February 05, 2006, 02:54:09 PM
I'll tell you one thing.  It keeps the fire burning.  We can never forget that day.

Agreed  :patriot:

9-11 is a day that will live on in all American's memories as a day our freedom came under fire...

I can't believe some of the groups that have been coming around saying we shouldn't have done anything, sat back and watched as two of AMERICAN towers came crashing down with thousands of AMERICAN people inside, all for the senseless reasons of Osama. And we shouldn't be fighting in Afghanistan?

WE GOT BLOWN UP!!!! :flame:

The day America forgets that day, is the day when America no longer has my support.  :patriot:
He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life - Muhammad Ali