News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New rear louvers for 71-74 Chargers and Roadrunners

Started by hotrod98, February 01, 2006, 08:22:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hotrod98

Great news for 71-74 Charger and Roadrunner owners. Gene Gregory is going to be producing these impossible to find rear window louvers. They will be a cast part as original. He hasn't set the price yet, but they will definitely be available soon. I'll post the price as soon as I get it. I'll quiz him a little more when I get to Columbia this weekend for the swap meet. In my opinion they make these cars look so much better. I want the first set for my black 74 Charger.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

The Ghoul

Quote from: hotrod98 on February 01, 2006, 08:22:00 PM
Great news for 71-74 Charger and Roadrunner owners. Gene Gregory is going to be producing these impossible to find rear window louvers. They will be a cast part as original. He hasn't set the price yet, but they will definitely be available soon. I'll post the price as soon as I get it. I'll quiz him a little more when I get to Columbia this weekend for the swap meet. In my opinion they make these cars look so much better. I want the first set for my black 74 Charger.
sweet I love the looks o them  :icon_smile_big:

Bandit72

Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

dustyswinger

I thought I saw some on ebay for $350. Are those any good? Craig.

RallyeMike

AWESOME! They probably won't be cheap, so start saving now. I'll be following this one.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: hotrod98 on February 01, 2006, 08:22:00 PM

I bet I'll see the new louvers before you do  ;D   The paint shop at work powder coats a lot of Gene's parts. It's not unusual to see a skid of Hemi Shaker base plates go by on the way to the paint room, followed by a stack of Six Pac shaker base plates  :icon_smile_tongue:  We also powder coat his  e-body rear window louvers for him  ;)

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

RallyeMike

$2150/L1 and $1750/L2

:scared:

That was a short-lived dream.
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

chargervert

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

hotrod98

Quote from: dustyswinger on February 01, 2006, 11:44:22 PM
I thought I saw some on ebay for $350. Are those any good? Craig.

The ones listed on e-bay recently aren't like the originals at all. The originals were larger and covered the moldings as well as the glass.
As for price, I don't have a clue yet. While I always thought that Gene's prices were a little high in the beginning, people have convinced me that with the tooling cost, and zero availability of original parts, maybe they really aren't all that expensive. With an original shaker hood going for in excess of 10 grand, $1500 or $1600 doesn't sound all that bad anymore. I gave $4200 for my shaker setup last year and thought it was a hell of a deal. I have two real nice shaker hoods for 70-76 trans ams and sure wish that I could get that kind of money for them. lol
I'm taking a truck load of flat hoods to Gene tomorrow. I'll quiz him a little more on the price. His aluminum cuda and challenger louvers are well worth the $1200 that he gets for them. Maybe we'll get lucky and he will price these near that price...who knows. I know that I want a set for my 74 charger. They will go great with the new 3rd gen daytona wings that are going to be built later this year.
I'm also talking to a guy that's working on building tooling to convert 3rd gen rear valances to dual cutout valances. A guy could just send his valance in and for a fair fee can get it converted. It may not be 100% like original, but would look close enough that no one will know the difference.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

RallyeMike

QuoteI hope you don't think Genes will be any cheaper!

I don't know his stuff. Does it have gold sheeting under the last layer of gel?  :icon_smile_big:

If I was restoring an original that had one - I'd go for it because there would be no other choice. For fun and looks on my cars, all three of which which never had one - no way. It's pretty detail pieces, so I can certainly see how the labor cost would add up, but that's too a high price (for me) for an optional non-neccessary piece. For the money-bags out there: Go for it! I'm for anything that supports the hobby.

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1973 Charger "T/A"