News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Modified Daytonas

Started by charger_fan_4ever, June 26, 2012, 10:41:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger_fan_4ever

Just curious if there are any Daytonas out there that have been recently restored with major modifications (  color change ) or other ....or is it no longer trendy to do so.

Indygenerallee

I don't think too many people modify original Daytona's thats one reason a clone interested me so much I can do what I want to it and not have to hear "Oh why did you do that to a original Daytona?" I can do whatever I please!!!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

moparstuart

Quote from: Indygenerallee on June 27, 2012, 07:31:50 AM
I don't think too many people modify original Daytona's thats one reason a clone interested me so much I can do what I want to it and not have to hear "Oh why did you do that to a original Daytona?" I can do whatever I please!!!
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:  yup the originals have shot up so high in price not many have the guts to mess with them .  Most that are modified were done years ago .  If you want a modified look most are making clones.

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

There aren't even many clones that get messed with these days.

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on June 27, 2012, 08:32:40 AM
There aren't even many clones that get messed with these days.
to expensive to build them even  :yesnod:

but rene flat black street racer look is great and several  race car numbered clones

hotrod98

When I was building my Daytona clone, I was planning to leave the car all black and put some killer rims and big brakes on it. When I decided to sell it to buy the Superbird, Allen wanted the red wing and the stock rims so that's how it is today. Looks pretty good to me even though I'm a little biased.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on June 27, 2012, 09:50:19 AM
When I was building my Daytona clone, I was planning to leave the car all black and put some killer rims and big brakes on it. When I decided to sell it to buy the Superbird, Allen wanted the red wing and the stock rims so that's how it is today. Looks pretty good to me even though I'm a little biased.
:drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:

Oh and allen was right about going with a RED wing  :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:

GOTWING

DAY CLONA

Seeing that I deal with a good amount of "wingers",......Clone builders seem 50/50, one half wanting to build "original" looking factory style cars, and the other half buliding all out customs to suit there tastes, the original car restorers/shops that I deal with seem to run 80/20, with 80 percent doing dead nuts restos, the other 20 or so % that are doing "original" cars, some do color changes, but most seem to be doing upgrades to HEMI power, or 4 or 5 spd installs, or interior color changes, or 4 wheel disc set-ups, what i do find "funny" is the so called "original" cars that i know I've supplied parts for, are later touted at shows, auctions, or magazine articles as being "all original" or possessing all their original wingcar parts....yeah OK :icon_smile_big:

Mike

This is the majority of my customers builds  :2thumbs: however