News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

6x9 rear speakers recommendations

Started by rudyjrusa, June 02, 2009, 07:10:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudyjrusa

any suggestions for rear speakers for my 74 charger??

Nacho-RT74

just passenger side is 6x9 and matching screw points. Driver side is 5x8 and aftermarket speakers won't match the screw holes, at least the ones I compaired, so would need to open diff holes
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Foreman72

as far as sound quality, infinity kappa is awesome...thats what i have and i love them...be sure you get something three way in the back...makes things sound alot smoother :Twocents:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

2Gunz

I tend to like Alpine, Infinity and Polk.

Audio is a very subjective thing and what I might love you might hate.

Really the best way is to demo some.

And keep in mind most of the time the sales guy has zero clue what hes talking about.

Foreman72

Quote from: 2Gunz on June 12, 2009, 03:27:20 AM

I tend to like Alpine, Infinity and Polk.

Audio is a very subjective thing and what I might love you might hate.

Really the best way is to demo some.

And keep in mind most of the time the sales guy has zero clue what hes talking about.

:yesnod: :yesnod:
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

FLG

Ive got a set of kappas and am VERY happy. Hooked up to a cheap amp and decent deck and they sound OK. Hooked them up to my friends much better quality system and they sounded awesome.

b5blue

Matching system components is key to best sound, match ohms and watts rate for what you are going to run. A 200 watt speaker on an 8 watt output won't respond right anything out of wack will = distortion. Some times the best choice is much cheaper then what seems to be "better" My DAD was an engineer and in high school I was the kid who got all my pals systems sorted out just by doing that.

ODZKing

I did a search for rear speakers for a third gen and came up with a few threads here.
I believe I remember reading that the rear speaker openings are different. One is a 5x7 and the other a 6x9. Is this correct for all third gens?
I was bench testing the radio I purchased at Carlilse and realized I need a couple of decent speakers for the rear. The ones I have are junk.
The 2 that I put in front with the adapter sound great however.
http://www.cameraworld.com/product/EP991....source=Shopping
These fronts sound very clean ... not a lot of bass, but you wouldn't expect much from 3.5 inch speakers.
I am considering going with same brand ... inexpensive and sound good.

randy73

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on June 02, 2009, 07:41:48 PM
just passenger side is 6x9 and matching screw points. Driver side is 5x8 and aftermarket speakers won't match the screw holes, at least the ones I compaired, so would need to open diff holes

You can put 6X9 in drivers side, you just need to trim a little metal off.

twodko

I put in some Polk audio 5x7 tri axials, fit well and sounds tits. :Twocents:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: b5blue on June 13, 2009, 09:08:40 AM
Matching system components is key to best sound, match ohms and watts rate for what you are going to run. A 200 watt speaker on an 8 watt output won't respond right anything out of wack will = distortion. Some times the best choice is much cheaper then what seems to be "better" My DAD was an engineer and in high school I was the kid who got all my pals systems sorted out just by doing that.

the theory says you need 10 times more output power from amplifier than the speaker power says to handle. In that way you'll save RMS output amplifier distortion and will be able to drive peaks without distortion too. HOWEVER, will need to take care of volume anyway to save the speaker distortion or even the speaker blown out

that's an ideal enviroment, now, the truth if these values are not handled by real sound guys or without audio signal processors is another story.

Remember, distortion can become on DC if you arrives to extreme on an amplifier, and speaker will try to reproduce that without success

what is a truth you need more power from amplifier than the speaker states
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html