News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ok I have a whats it worth on a 68 charger/ NOW WITH PICS AND MORE INFO

Started by 1st_charger, June 24, 2012, 06:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bakerhillpins

Quote from: NHCharger on July 10, 2012, 08:14:19 PM
Quote from: tan top on July 10, 2012, 05:46:44 AM
looks a good project !!  :yesnod:   :popcrn:
Project being the key word here.
The good: Looks like most of the car is there.
The bad: There's not one piece on that car that doesn't need to be cleaned, polished, welded, repaired, replaced, etc................
The 383/4 speed will help with the value but that car will still suck your wallet dry.

:iagree:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

1st_charger

Thank you bakerhillpins for your info and no you are not being a pain at all I was just misunderstanding what you were trying to tell me I appreciate all of the info and help everyone is offering! and I will be looking at the vins and everything Else as soon as possible!

Thanks again

Dans 68

Quote from: bakerhillpins on July 10, 2012, 08:13:17 PM
...There were only something like 360 383 4spd cars made in 68. I think 73 of those were 2bbl cars. They are not overly common....

There were 333 4-speed XP's built in '68, with 259 having a 4-bbl carb and 74 having a 2-bbl carb. At least those are the numbers I have always heard. And 4-speed's are sure fun to drive!

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

bakerhillpins

Quote from: Dans 68 on July 10, 2012, 08:19:55 PM
Quote from: bakerhillpins on July 10, 2012, 08:13:17 PM
...There were only something like 360 383 4spd cars made in 68. I think 73 of those were 2bbl cars. They are not overly common....

There were 333 4-speed XP's built in '68, with 259 having a 4-bbl carb and 74 having a 2-bbl carb. At least those are the numbers I have always heard. And 4-speed's are sure fun to drive!

Dan

:P  I pulled those numbers out of a very bad memory so lets go with yours.   :2thumbs:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein

bakerhillpins

Quote from: 1st_charger on July 10, 2012, 08:17:59 PM
Thank you bakerhillpins for your info and no you are not being a pain at all I was just misunderstanding what you were trying to tell me I appreciate all of the info and help everyone is offering! and I will be looking at the vins and everything Else as soon as possible!

Thanks again

:cheers:

Just hate to have anyone find out after the purchase rather than before.  Looking forward to seeing more.  :popcrn:
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire