News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Well we're here in Carlise

Started by BananaDan, July 05, 2012, 02:56:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

They are just generally bad with calenders I guess, after all they are a year too late on their choice of car.  :nana:

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: NHCharger on July 09, 2012, 04:35:57 PM
Quote from: BananaDan on July 09, 2012, 09:43:51 AM
Quote from: BananaDan on July 08, 2012, 04:21:48 PM
Here's one Kevin took with my camera.  I'm sure Brian will post his when he's home.

Here are the ones I know.  If you want to reply to this or PM me I'll update this post with names so we have one picture with all names next to it?   :shruggy:

Back row (L to R)
Brian (BrianShaughnessy),  mytur binsdirti,  rarefish?, Bob ODZking, Troy, Brian (BakerHillpins), Tom TeeWJay426, Cat,  Brian (NHCharger), Dan (BananaDan), Bill (Bill440RT), Chris (Just 6T9 CHGR)

Front row (L to R)
Bob (Old Moparz), Brian (resq302), the ducks, Alex and James (BakerHillpins boys)

I tried to fill in a few blanks

I declare this the official 2012 group photo.   Congrats.    Mine didn't have "everybody" actually paying attention in any of them.   :shruggy: 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Fred

Yes, even the cat and the ducks are looking into the camera............and they reckon animals are hard to work with.  :D

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: FLG on July 09, 2012, 02:06:30 AM
Missed it again, maybe next year guys.... :rotz:

Jackie, im sure shelby was crushed i couldnt make it  :rofl:
Frank, Shelby said she was so upset. She didn't know who to beat up ?  :rofl: :rofl:

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on July 09, 2012, 08:12:44 PM

Frank, Shelby said she was so upset. She didn't know who to beat up ?  :rofl: :rofl:

Jackie..

I interrogated Stalker Dan when he came to the tent ...  apparently you and Shelby made a clean getaway.    I stopped back around where your car was Saturday afternoon before I left and you were gone...   ke sera sera .   
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: BrianShaughnessy on July 09, 2012, 08:19:26 PM
Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on July 09, 2012, 08:12:44 PM

Jackie..

I interrogated Stalker Dan when he came to the tent ...  apparently you and Shelby made a clean getaway.    I stopped back around where your car was Saturday afternoon before I left and you were gone...   ke sera sera .   
Brian, Shelby and I headed out. We were both pretty close to heat stroke. We needed to get home in the AC. It was great seeing you. Hopefully next year , I'll be in healed up.  :cheers: :cheers:

NHCharger

Quote from: Troy on July 09, 2012, 03:29:55 PM
I don't drive 453 miles to Carlisle to sit in a tent - even if it is 100+ degrees!
Troy

Yup, exactly 1,000 miles round trip for me. Me and Bryan (Bakerhillpins) were prepared for the heat and planned accordingly. Was great to have another pair of eyes in the swap area.
Had a great time, can't wait for next year.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Troy

Quote from: NHCharger on July 09, 2012, 09:03:18 PM
Quote from: Troy on July 09, 2012, 03:29:55 PM
I don't drive 453 miles to Carlisle to sit in a tent - even if it is 100+ degrees!
Troy

Yup, exactly 1,000 miles round trip for me. Me and Bryan (Bakerhillpins) were prepared for the heat and planned accordingly. Was great to have another pair of eyes in the swap area.
Had a great time, can't wait for next year.
That's 453 each way if I go the shortest route and don't veer too far off the highway when stopping for gas. This year I took the "scenic route" and it was just over 550 for the trip out.

I'll have lots of pictures whenever I get around to posting them. I made it through about 1/3rd of the swap meet, through all the buildings (but not the dealer display), to the autocross area twice, and through the car corral twice (because I apparently missed a car or two). I think I had 4 or 5 smoothies this year so that took up a lot of time...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Old Moparz

On Sunday I made sure to get over to the road course that was set up in the back corner. I think I'm sold on the Hotchkis suspension after getting a ride in that Challenger, but I just need to dig around in the sofa for some extra change now. Hard to believe an old car can go into a turn that fast & stick to the pavement like glue. My cars would all be in the grass or poking through the fence if I tried that.

My wife Mary, our daughter Kate & her friend Kalina, that came along for the weekend, all rode in the Hotchkis Challenger & loved it. My wife said her knees were still shaking 5 minutes after being out of the car. The funny part was my wife told the driver, also named Mary, to take it slower with the kids. Mary the driver said, "I went slow for you & can't go any slower!"  :lol:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Old Moparz

The 1970 Satellite 4 door was having problems so all that was left to ride in on Sunday was the Challenger. I was hoping to see what a B-Body rode like, but the Challenger was great.   :2thumbs:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

rarefish

Quote from: bakerhillpins on July 09, 2012, 06:53:58 PM
Quote from: NHCharger on July 09, 2012, 04:35:57 PM
Back row (L to R)
 mytur binsdirti,

I tried to fill in a few blanks

You met the infamous head of penis and didn't bother to introduce me?  :slap:  WTH?                                          :lol:

Is that true,  "Richard Cranium" is in the group picture?

Mytur Binsdirti

He did leave his hat in the tent.

resq302

Quote from: Mytur Binsdirti on July 10, 2012, 10:19:10 AM
He did leave his hat in the tent.

Ah, I see.... so that was my turbins dirti.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

TUFCAT

NHCharger

Quote from: Old Moparz on July 10, 2012, 12:35:36 AM
The 1970 Satellite 4 door was having problems so all that was left to ride in on Sunday was the Challenger. I was hoping to see what a B-Body rode like, but the Challenger was great.   :2thumbs:

Dang, that's one thing I wish I made time for. I'm thinking about upgrading the suspension on my 68 project while it's in 2,000 pieces. So you really think it's worth the coin??
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

Old Moparz

Quote from: NHCharger on July 10, 2012, 08:18:42 PM
Quote from: Old Moparz on July 10, 2012, 12:35:36 AM

Dang, that's one thing I wish I made time for. I'm thinking about upgrading the suspension on my 68 project while it's in 2,000 pieces. So you really think it's worth the coin??

Not sure what the total cost would be, but it was a heck of a lot better than having just an anti sway bar. I was on their website & they offer a total package for around $3500. That's a lot compared to a stock rebuild, but the way that car rode was very impressive. If I decide to go for it, it won't be for quite some time, but I'd like to do it to at least one car for sure.   :cheers:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry