News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'71 v-code Challenger R/T resto... update 9/21; alot of stuff

Started by hemi68charger, June 23, 2012, 02:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1970Moparmann

Troy, looks great.  The Bird should be arriving tomorrow by 2:00. :nana:
My name is Mike and I'm a Moparholic!

hemi68charger

Quote from: 1970Moparmann on August 19, 2013, 08:43:06 PM
Troy, looks great.  The Bird should be arriving tomorrow by 2:00. :nana:

I'd do it in a heartbeat............... The Limegreen 'Bee in the back ground is having its electrical system totally replaced with M&H harnesses and I'm having the dash sent off to redline to get the amp gauge converted for safety........ Personally, I love doing this sort of stuff..........  I help out a friend and sometimes I get some coin to put towards mine......   Keep my skills honed and, in the case of Hoss' '71 Challenger R/T, learn new things..........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi68charger

Got Hoss' 71 out on the road for the frst long trip. After working on it some more ( still have some little things here and there ), we decided to put the hood down, head to the gas station, fuel her up and go for it... He is wishing to put some highway and stop/go miles on it. Off we went with me in tow in the Daytona. She performed fairly well, but have some tweaking to do here and there in terms of timing, idling, kickdown, etc. But, she went the 60+ miles road trip and did it !! So, I feel with confidence Hoss will be able to enjoy her.
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

hemi68charger

Out on the road...

Hoss heading up 290; my facebook link

Then back at the Nest.......

Troy

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

r4daytona

Very cool cars, the pic at the gas station was cool.  Too bad gas isn't the same price as the era of the cars.

hemi68charger

Latest addition; front chin spoilers........
Troy

hemi68charger

I'm jumping in !!!!! My first decal install..........

Hopefully in an hour or two I'll have a follow up......

30 minutes later......

Well, for better or worse, it is done.......... Lesson learned, little less Windex on thin detailed decals like this. But, I believe it is good with no debris or air bubbles. "T" looks weird, but it was positioned exactly even with the imaginary body line on the hood going from one side to the other. Guess since it is "flat" whereas the hood's leading edge angles back, the illusion it is tilted occurs.. But, I don't thing do.. Looking back at Alan's it looks the same....... In person it looks great......
Troy

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

hemi68charger

Well, today was a good Mopar day...

Started with putting/modifying the fender emblems to facilitate installation. They are the versions with the 3 studs. There was no way I was going to drill holes. So, I cut off the studs and ground them flat. Then, I use the rear window strip. I used the heat gun to make it softer so I could spread it over the backside of the emblem better... Then I put the pentastar on.

Then I added some things from Jaime at MegaParts; the proper radiator overflow hose, tranny linkage clips, tranny cover and various other things....  Tweaked the timing a little and adjusted the idle and kick-down throttle pressure.

I put the front plate bracket on..... Don't fret about the horns.... As soon as we get OEM originals, they will be added..... These are for safety for now......

Hoss took the car out and it performed relatively well. The issue we're working out over time is the slightly higher than normal coolant temps. We will install a Milidon high volume water pump. Also, I noticed the outboards aren't opening as soon as possible/should. We'll get a kit and swap out the OEM springs Holley puts in when they restore original six pack carbs and go from there.
Troy

cdr

LINK TO MY STORY http://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/11/16/ride-shares-charlie-keel-battles-cancer-ms-to-build-brilliant-1968-dodge-charger/  

68 Charger 512 cid,9.7to1,Hilborn EFI,Home ported 440 source heads,small hyd roller cam,COLD A/C ,,a518 trans,Dana 60 ,4.10 gear,10.93 et,4100lbs on street tires full exhaust daily driver
Charger55 by Charlie Keel, on Flickr

Mopar Nut

"Dear God, my prayer for 2024 is a fat bank account and a thin body. Please don't mix these up like you did the last ten years."

hemi68charger

Hoss-man got the air cleaner powder coated and the lid chromed..
Troy