News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

NEED MEASUREMENTS PLEASE superbird fender scoops studs

Started by moparstuart, June 23, 2012, 09:46:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Indygenerallee

Look killer Stuart!!! Are they chromed or polished aluminum???
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

BigBlockSam

those are cool how do they mount?. they'll look good on your pimped out ride  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

They look great.
He's talented for sure. I loved the steel Superbird wing that he made for me. It was steel wrapped around a tubular frame. That was way beyond my expertise for sure.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Lighthorseman

:2thumbs: WOW!  :2thumbs:

I need some of those...and a wing, too.  What do they go for?

hotrod98

Contact DonC for a quote on the wing. He build mine a few years ago so the price will probably be higher now. It was very solid and much better than a fiberglass wing.

Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on June 23, 2012, 10:04:38 AM
those are cool how do they mount?. they'll look good on your pimped out ride  :cheers:
I need to weld studs in them

DonC1

Stuart kindly lent me a bird part a while back...so least I could do is make him some new scoops. They are mild steel formed with a english wheel and shrinker. I polish the steel parts so I can see any imperfections..the scoop on the right just needs a little more rolling so it's mirror straight. Since I made Larry's wing I gained a little more skills so no longer surface grind the surface of the steel for skim coat filler or heavy primer so polish instead as I want the part perfect..or at least close to it so all Stu has to do is weld studs on, scuff the scoops and light prime for paint.

moparstuart

Quote from: DonC1 on June 23, 2012, 05:25:52 PM
Stuart kindly lent me a bird part a while back...so least I could do is make him some new scoops. They are mild steel formed with a english wheel and shrinker. I polish the steel parts so I can see any imperfections..the scoop on the right just needs a little more rolling so it's mirror straight. Since I made Larry's wing I gained a little more skills so no longer surface grind the surface of the steel for skim coat filler or heavy primer so polish instead as I want the part perfect..or at least close to it so all Stu has to do is weld studs on, scuff the scoops and light prime for paint.
:2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

hotrod98

Don, I just might need another steel Superbird wing. I'm saving my 70 runner to possibly build a bird clone later after I've sold the Black Ice car. Much later I hope.

I was really impressed with that wing. I sold my extra, original bird wing a few months ago and now I'm regretting it big time.

Charles Addams

moparstuart

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

tan top

Quote from: DonC1 on June 23, 2012, 05:25:52 PM

:coolgleamA: nice work  clever stuff    :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparstuart

ANYONE have a superbird fender scoop laying around off the car you can get me some measurement off of ?
  Dons needs measurment of the stud locations   :shruggy:  HELP please

Wondering if you can tell me where the studs go for it so I can weld em in for ya, also how long they are...or if you could tell me how far up the fender from the front they fit so I can make the studs then...not quite sure and cant find my notes on where they sit exactly..

Aero426

I have a scoop I can measure, unless someone beats me to it.  

Don't you have scoops on the Birdible?

moparstuart

Quote from: Aero426 on October 09, 2012, 04:45:28 PM
I have a scoop I can measure, unless someone beats me to it.  

Don't you have scoops on the Birdible?
yes but lazy ( dont wanna pull it off ) they are fragile and studs can snap off ,  and not near the car .  Was hoping someone had one off laying around 

Aero426

moparstuart

moparstuart

here are the measurement for where to place the scoopes on top of the fender

This is on my original fender with original scoops in the original holes
ok from the front of the fender to the front of the scoope is 25 1/2 inches
 on the out side of the scoope its 3/16 of an inch
on the inside towards the hood  the front of the scoope is 3/16
but the rear of the scoope is right on the fender edge at the hood
 Ok the rear of the scoope to the back point of the fender at the door is 23 3/4 inches

driver side  scoope inside and above

moparstuart

above the driver side scoope

moparstuart

passenger side scoope

held1823

wasn't there a copy of the factory schematics for superbird scoop location posted on here at one time?

edit- never mind; that drawing was for whacking holes in the superbird fender top
Ernie Helderbrand
XX29L9B409053

DonC1

moparstuart

I still need stud length measurments ans stud location measurements anyone ? :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

FJ5WING

scoops are in jail...sorry buddy!

:brickwall: but is bumping my head on a wall a good bump?
wingless now, but still around.