News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I just dont care for stock car racing

Started by Paul G, July 09, 2012, 09:31:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Highbanked Hauler

I have gotten into local tracks here. One of the best is the (street stock) series,thats grass roots racing at its best. Orange county speedway NC. is a 3/8 mile paved track and its $10. to get in.  There was a truck race at Rockingham and I think tickets were $35.
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

HPP

Remember IROC? Well, you notice it isn't around any more. Nascar has taken its place.  You also notice that the drivers are all the focus now. Its all cults of personality and very little brand loyalty. You see plenty of driver products being hawked at the show, but very little brand specific stuff at all.

Ghoste

Yes, its sports entertainment more than competition and there is more money to be made selling driver souvenirs than car souvenirs.  Take the car out of it and the driver drama can be extended to which team they will drive for each year.  The days of the Petty family buying a brand a staying loyal to it while they modify cars in their backyard are long over.
Most all televised sports have gone the same way.  Although with stick and ball sports its more profitable to sell team souvenirs with an ever changing roster of players.