News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Rev-N-Nator is here in Venezuela

Started by Nacho-RT74, June 19, 2012, 11:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Indygenerallee

Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

Budnicks

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: , inquiring minds want to know  :brickwall: ....
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Ghoste

They have an endorsement in this months  MCG if that means anything.

Budnicks

I talked to the guy who runs the show at www.theRTgarage.com , who is putting out the Rev-N-Nator, over on a thread @ Mopar Muscle Mag. forum, he says it's been R&Ded for a while now, it can replace the MP Chrome box or MP Orange box easily, I asked if it was multiple spark, he said "no", I asked if it is stock tach compatible & if not what tachs will & won't work, {supposedly no issues with stock tach} but I didn't get a great response to that question, I asked a bunch of stuff, he answered many of the questions openly, I asked if it could replace the Super Gold MP CEI/ECU, he said "they didn't do that compairison".... Sounds promissing, we will soon see, if it will stand up to the test of time... Orange or Black $189.00 added; he said it also has more than 20* of spark dwell
"fill your library before you fill your garage"   Budnicks

Musicman

I had mine on my engine test stand which has a standard Sunpro Tach mounted on it. I had no problems with the tach.  :scratchchin:
Haven't had it in the car yet... The car is being dismantled for restoration at the moment.

Nacho-RT74

WOW in good, sorry, LOL

I have been REALLY REALLY BUSY!

Remember I'm not an expert and still playing with timming, iddle, mixture etc... Also my opinions can be not exact on the correct therms.

right now I'm having a small hard starting issue, but as I told you, I'm playing here and there yet. Also SOMETIMES engine dies off when with AC and set reverse with brakes pressed. I also likes to start the engine without need to get gas pedal pressed, just giving some juice before start up.

with engine HOT, sometimes cranks slow

yes, alt was replaced, new unit, on Mopar box, lates 70s kind, acclaimed 100 amps on box ( have doubts about ) but sure is working GREAT.

I have been emailing with Troy and Laura ( RTgarage owners ) frequently, and Troy always advices me to get disconected the vacuum pod at dist because the way how it is designed the module, the vacuum advance throws away through the window all the electronics built in it, but, really, I don't want to disconetc it, however I'm having shortened the pod advance on every test. I have got success on every change to set it better, and JUST with AC on and going up on highway on a hill, getting full throttle, I'm getting a small pinging what goes away quick.

Still need to change springs on MP dist to get some other results. I have right now Pink and Orange. timming, around 12º initial and  I set I think 20º gap on mech advance slot, what makes 32º, but vacuum working.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Nacho-RT74

OH forgot to say, I'm running FBOs coil yet and Troy told me they got some issues on testings when running FBO coil so advices to get the MSD blaster 2 coil... not a problem since I have 2 of those ( chromed ) just haven't had the time to replace it.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Musicman

Keep your vacuum advance connected.  :yesnod:

I saw and talked with Troy at Carlisle... he had an open unit there, so he showed me the electronics within the Rev-N-nator. That said, you may or may not have an issue using the old style A688 coil from FBO. You shouldn't however, because it's designed to work with existing equipment, but the new HRR688 FBO coil, or the MSD Blaster unit would probably be better suited to the task. The Rev-n-nator is not built like an old Mopar unit, it just looks like one.
Troy felt the unit was ready for market, but according to Troy there's still a lot of testing going on behind the scenes ... their still working on improvements as we speak. The little red spot on the back of the unit will be gone in the future.

johnnycharger

Hi guys
some time has passed. . . How are you liking it? Is it still working and holding up to the claims?

wstool

Have put them on 5 cars so far , from small block, stock Hemi and stroked 440. Had to retard the timing on one.Seams to run noticeable  better with it on. The rev limiter is a big plus when doing burn outs .