News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Green Envy

Started by Old Tired Rebel, June 19, 2012, 07:10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Tired Rebel

The outside of the lower A Pillar doesn't look to bad,mainly the inside where it's the worst.

ralley72

Thats alot of work ahead of you. One step at a time. My Road Runner needed alot, Its much better now. I just keep pushing it along doing small things as time and money allows.

Mike
1973 Roadrunner 400 mag. 4 sp

Old Tired Rebel

Quote from: ralley72 on September 27, 2013, 05:00:09 PM
Thats alot of work ahead of you. One step at a time. My Road Runner needed alot, Its much better now. I just keep pushing it along doing small things as time and money allows.

Mike

That is the area I want to fix first then the floor. I'm not in a hurry I don't have my welder yet.

Old Tired Rebel

This build is dead, I am tired of trying to save a car that does not want to be saved. 

Baldwinvette77

Awww dont feel bad  :pity:

I felt that way when my car showed up at my door... mostly because i didnt tell my parants and i was late for school... but yeah, dad wanted to scrap it, mom was busy having a heart attack and for about 2 months it looked like my car was never going to get off the ground, but hey look at it now  :shruggy:

dont worry, once you get a welder your veiws will change, its like if the average person (not a car enthusist) looked at the average restoration project, simply because they dont know what needs to be done, and because they dont have tools or experience they will likely shun it.

to be completely honest 97% of my charger is first time stuff, never did flush mounted/butt welded rust repair before, never knew how to properly set the welding gas, never built an engine before, never built a suspension, etc., etc.
things will get done, if i can do it, pretty much anyone else on earth can do it, and thats the truth  :rofl:

Old Tired Rebel

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on October 02, 2013, 05:00:37 PM
Awww dont feel bad  :pity:

I felt that way when my car showed up at my door... mostly because i didnt tell my parants and i was late for school... but yeah, dad wanted to scrap it, mom was busy having a heart attack and for about 2 months it looked like my car was never going to get off the ground, but hey look at it now  :shruggy:

dont worry, once you get a welder your veiws will change, its like if the average person (not a car enthusist) looked at the average restoration project, simply because they dont know what needs to be done, and because they dont have tools or experience they will likely shun it.

to be completely honest 97% of my charger is first time stuff, never did flush mounted/butt welded rust repair before, never knew how to properly set the welding gas, never built an engine before, never built a suspension, etc., etc.
things will get done, if i can do it, pretty much anyone else on earth can do it, and thats the truth  :rofl:

I wish it was that easy,but to be honest I don't have the energy that you younger guys have. Thanks for the encouragement.

Baldwinvette77

well keep the car around i guess, my idea of the perfect vacation, would an all expense paid 2 week stay at garage doing nothing but patchjob rust repair, just supply the steel, welding wire, and the welder, maybe i'll bring some cutting discs, you can pay me in cokes, cream soda and maybe even DR. Peppers 355ml   :scratchchin:

and no im not kidding  :drool5:

Old Tired Rebel

Sounds like fun but I have no garage.

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Old Tired Rebel on October 02, 2013, 05:13:59 PM
Sounds like fun but I have no garage.

well, outdoors is even better, cept for when its raining.. or snowing.. or anything that isnt sun and warmth really

Old Tired Rebel

It's too dang cold here at night. I need to move to Texas

JB400

Unfortunately, there's a cold front coming in Saturday bringing in the 30's.  If you want to play outside now's the time to do it. :yesnod:

Baldwinvette77

so... i was playing a video game, and i was thinking of a simple way of solving to quarter panel rust issue... plastic fender flares  :shruggy: not something i would personally do, but all you need to do is cut out your rusted section, and drill some holes, i think i saw something like that on an episode of trucks tv  :scratchchin:

But where will you get them... i dunno,

i just dont want to see another project end before it even starts  :rotz:

1974dodgecharger

I remember the old Michigan song...something like YES Michigan the feeling is forever.......or something like that.