News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Green Envy

Started by Old Tired Rebel, June 19, 2012, 07:10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Tired Rebel

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on March 30, 2013, 06:09:52 PM
Hope that is the extent of the rust issues for you. :-\

I am sure there is more. I pulled the plastic cowl vent out from under the dash yesterday and was surprised that the rug I lay on inside the car wasn't soaked after the few thunderstorms and heavy down pour we had last night and this morning. Do far I will need to replace the drivers side floor,a small section of the trunk floor and fire wall has a few holes.

Old Tired Rebel

Any one know of a good place to source this A Pillar. I haven't been able to find one.

Baldwinvette77

new? i don't believe anyone makes them, if you are lucky (and have the room and money) you could probably source a cheap less rusty 4 door satellite and might be able to cut out the sections you need, assuming they are the same, i wouldn't know, just a thought  :-\

Old Tired Rebel

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on April 02, 2013, 06:10:16 PM
new? i don't believe anyone makes them, if you are lucky (and have the room and money) you could probably source a cheap less rusty 4 door satellite and might be able to cut out the sections you need, assuming they are the same, i wouldn't know, just a thought  :-\

Thanks I will check some 73-74 Coronet

Old Tired Rebel

More on my car

Old Tired Rebel

more 2

Old Tired Rebel

More 3

Baldwinvette77

yikes, it just goes on and on  :'(, This is about as rusty as my vette was, if you aren't going for a showroom correct look, you may want to just take a stab at fabricating patches and "delete" parts from the car with no real purpose, it's what i did, and currently do and it makes things less stressful  :2thumbs:

Old Tired Rebel

I most likely will since it will be a daily driver

Baldwinvette77

Sweet i'll be looking forward to pics of chopping out rust and new sheetmetal tacked in place  :cheers:

Old Tired Rebel

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on April 17, 2013, 10:09:07 PM
Sweet i'll be looking forward to pics of chopping out rust and new sheetmetal tacked in place  :cheers:

I am going to put a hobart welder in layaway. I have to get my 440 first and a BB k frame

Baldwinvette77

Old Tired Rebel

I will be getting my sons to move my car to where I need it tomorrow. Then It's down time for me again the rest of the month. Health issues again hopefully I will back up and running again. 

Baldwinvette77

while you have your sons of their asses why dont you have them help you tackle the rust repair  :rofl:

Old Tired Rebel

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on September 02, 2013, 09:08:51 PM
while you have your sons of their asses why dont you have them help you tackle the rust repair  :rofl:

I want it fixed not melted.  :brickwall:

Old Tired Rebel

After my dentist appointment yesterday, I went and picked up my 440 and 727. Now my question is is this safe to remove this casting flash in the last picture?

Baldwinvette77

You mean the jagged edges in that rounded-rectangular opening?  :scratchchin: because honestly i have no idea if its safe or not, maybe if you meticulously mask off or cover up everything else and use Vaseline/ chassis grease to catch the shavings  :shruggy:

Old Tired Rebel

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on September 14, 2013, 04:53:24 PM
You mean the jagged edges in that rounded-rectangular opening?  :scratchchin: because honestly i have no idea if its safe or not, maybe if you meticulously mask off or cover up everything else and use Vaseline/ chassis grease to catch the shavings  :shruggy:

Yes, I plan on tearing it down and getting the blocked cleaned. It still has the cross hatching in the cyl walls so it's going to get a refresh. Unless I win the lotto then it's going stroker engine.

Old Tired Rebel

I also put a Hobart EZ 140 in layway today so I can start on the rust problems by Christmas.

tsmithae

I just looked over your thread and you definitely have your work cut out for you!  I hope your back is cooperating enough to let you work on her. It may not be much but I've been doing a lot of mine with a right knee that has jad 3 surgeries to date amd I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I don't need another -I'm currently off work and doing PT 3xs a week.

Good luck and keep it up!
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

Old Tired Rebel

I go for another shot in my back next week, I will be off my feet for a couple of weeks. Sorry to hear about your knee and hope it gets better soon. I wear knee pads and have a chair to help me get up and down. In the mean time I have bought a book today welding for dummies which will help pass my time.

Baldwinvette77

you think we can meet up and do a trade some day? you build me a kick ass engine, and i'll do your rust repair?  :shruggy: , every muscle-era mopar engine i see either needs a complete overhaul or was sold already  :rotz:

Old Tired Rebel

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on September 16, 2013, 05:41:03 PM
you think we can meet up and do a trade some day? you build me a kick ass engine, and i'll do your rust repair?  :shruggy: , every muscle-era mopar engine i see either needs a complete overhaul or was sold already  :rotz:

My 440 came out of a motorhome, most are low mileage and only need a freshening up. Just change the oil pan and oil pick up. But I also plan on new pistons to bring the compression up and better heads. I would love to build a stroker engine from 440 Source,I just don't have a extra 6K laying around. 

Old Tired Rebel

Hot damn I got my shot today, in a couple of weeks I can get to tearing down my Charger.

tsmithae

Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0