News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Green Envy

Started by Old Tired Rebel, June 19, 2012, 07:10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Tired Rebel

I can't push myself.I already went through 1 surgery for my back in 91. I hope I don't have to have another.

twodko

Oh man, sorry to hear that. Mine was in 2008......fusion, bolts, rods.......S1 thru L5, not fun by any measure but at least I can still walk.......mostly. I wear one of those frozen gel waist packs when I do anything physically demanding. That usually gets me through the chores before my legs get so freakin' weak I can't walk cuz my damn knees lockup.
I stopped using the hyrocodone/norco about a year after the big cut. I couldn't handle the side effects of those heavy narcotics, if you're still taking them eat a heavy fruit/veg diet. You know what I'm talking about. Those drugs bind you up like concrete.......for days at a time.
You need to commiserate just PM me and we'll be woeful together.
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

Old Tired Rebel

You have had a lot of work done on your back. I will know more soon in a few weeks. I have 2 sons that can help me if needed but they know as much as I do,which ain't much. I will be happy to pm you when I find out more.

Old Tired Rebel

Well I am back here. I really need to do more reading here. My back is better but it's only about 25-35%. The doctors says I am too high of a risk to operate on. So I sold my Ford truck which barely ran and bought a new Hobart 140 Handler welder. I have only need to wire up my building and get a bottle of gas so I can practice  some welding to start on my car. I am up for any tips and advice that will help me.

JB400

Looks like you have quite the project.  Not much better than mine.  Stick with it though.  You'll get it. :2thumbs:

On the other hand, everyone here is going to have to quit hurting themselves.  It pays to take care of yourself.  Take it easy on yourself :cheers:

Old Tired Rebel

Quote from: stroker400 wedge on February 02, 2013, 04:48:52 PM
Looks like you have quite the project.  Not much better than mine.  Stick with it though.  You'll get it. :2thumbs:

On the other hand, everyone here is going to have to quit hurting themselves.  It pays to take care of yourself.  Take it easy on yourself :cheers:

Thanks, but I have a history of trouble with my back along with neuropathy in my feet and legs. So I am in a power chair. Now I have to find a way to get it on it's side without a rotisserie.

polywideblock

the hurting happens years ago and we just didn't realise it at the time .when your young you just shrug it off instead of getting it fixed ,catches up with you down the line. I'm s1 l3/4 l4/5 did it when i was a 16 year old apprentice

and 71 GA4  383 magnum  SE

Old Tired Rebel

Quote from: polywideblock on February 02, 2013, 05:38:19 PM

the hurting happens years ago and we just didn't realise it at the time .when your young you just shrug it off instead of getting it fixed ,catches up with you down the line. I'm s1 l3/4 l4/5 did it when i was a 16 year old apprentice

Mine is the l4/5 again for the second time. I also have bone spurs,osterio arthritis. and degenerative disc. It really pays to take care of yourself when you are young. So back to the car I hope to move it and start disassemblely  again.

johnnyseville

I might as well join the crowd of blown backs.  Mine are L1-S1, all of them.  Did it from extreme powerlifting in my 20's.  Used to go to the gym and without warm ups start deadlifting 500 lbs as my first set.  Good Mornings with 300 plus, never hit me until years later.  Many orthos recommended surgery, told them  bye bye.  The farthest I went was a series of epidurals in the late 90"s. My latest MRI is actually better than one from 1999.  No surgery for me, just supplements and certain exercises in the gym to strenghthen the muscles that hold everything together.  I may have a day here or there that I wake up with something, but do what I gotta do to get past it.  I keep some tramadol, oxycodone and valium around just in case, but prefer the natural route.   So far so good, hope it holds up until I am too old to want to do anything.  Don't rush for the knife, once that happens cannot undo the damage they do to you. Hope you guys feel better.  :2thumbs:
too many to list!

polywideblock

i said good bye when he showed me the large stainless screws they were going to fuse my spine with ,have to watch what i do but I'm still walking :2thumbs:

Old Tired Rebel

Quote from: polywideblock on February 02, 2013, 06:20:40 PM
i said good bye when he showed me the large stainless screws they were going to fuse my spine with ,have to watch what i do but I'm still walking :2thumbs:

I don't blame you. I would have rolled over his foot with my chair.

polywideblock

one last aside to back problems, which is your favourite?   the shooting pain down the front of your thighs or the burning sensation on the bottoms of your feet.  :eek2:   back to the charger looks like you have a fare bit of work to do  just keep plodding  :2thumbs: ,hopfully someone from AMD gets on this site from time to time and sees all the 3rd gen chargers crying out for patch panels .though I'm not holding my breath ,still think they will be producing 2nd gen ashtrays and glove box doors  before 3rd gen will get rockers or door/fender patch panels

Old Tired Rebel

Quote from: polywideblock on February 03, 2013, 01:32:24 AM
one last aside to back problems, which is your favourite?   the shooting pain down the front of your thighs or the burning sensation on the bottoms of your feet.  :eek2:   back to the charger looks like you have a fare bit of work to do  just keep plodding  :2thumbs: ,hopfully someone from AMD gets on this site from time to time and sees all the 3rd gen chargers crying out for patch panels .though I'm not holding my breath ,still think they will be producing 2nd gen ashtrays and glove box doors  before 3rd gen will get rockers or door/fender patch panels

I have found rockers, and quarters I need from Autobody Specialties Inc. Prices are not bad but like anything else they will need work. I need to order more parts. Right now I am fighting to get my building wired and a tank of gas. The electrical I will have ti get someone to do for me.

71ChallengeHer

Good luck with the Charger. Wow too many people on here beat up with back problems.  :pity:  Did you get a Tens unit ? I just got mine and it is giving me a little relief.

Old Tired Rebel

Tens unit? I take pain meds and had a steroid injection.

johnnyseville

Quote from: Old Tired Rebel on February 03, 2013, 02:32:34 PM

Tens unit are electrical stimulators that are  supposed to interrupt the pain impluses with their own electrical impulse.  You place electrodes at key spots, depending on where the pain is and adjust the intensity of the tiny "shocks". Your nervous system is like one big electrical circuit.   One of the docs got me one many years ago, did not do much for me, if anything, maybe I was too far gone at the time.  I ended up having fun with it, would turn up the dial and shock myself :icon_smile_big:  Not exactly what it was meant to do.  I think I tossed it out at some point. It may help some people, you could speak to your doc about it.  Never know. No read downside to using it, unless you have a pacemaker.

IMO, tried and true are steroids and opiods, both with their unique side effects.  When they do not work you are in trouble.
too many to list!

Old Tired Rebel

Quote from: johnnyseville on February 03, 2013, 07:03:43 PM
Quote from: Old Tired Rebel on February 03, 2013, 02:32:34 PM

Tens unit are electrical stimulators that are  supposed to interrupt the pain impluses with their own electrical impulse.  You place electrodes at key spots, depending on where the pain is and adjust the intensity of the tiny "shocks". Your nervous system is like one big electrical circuit.   One of the docs got me one many years ago, did not do much for me, if anything, maybe I was too far gone at the time.  I ended up having fun with it, would turn up the dial and shock myself :icon_smile_big:  Not exactly what it was meant to do.  I think I tossed it out at some point. It may help some people, you could speak to your doc about it.  Never know. No read downside to using it, unless you have a pacemaker.

IMO, tried and true are steroids and opiods, both with their unique side effects.  When they do not work you are in trouble.

Thanks for that info but I will stay with my meds.

johnnyseville

Just for informational purpose, so you know.

Constant use of steroids can cause diabetes and cataracts

Constant use of opiods (narcotics) can lower testosterone levels way down and even shut down testosterone production, so it would be a good idea to get levels checked from time to time.   Tramadol on the other hand, acting like a pseudo opiod, does not, but can raise serotonin levels if abused, causing serotonin syndrome. NO FREE LUNCHES when it comes to using meds.   Always a good idea to be informed on potential problems with meds, even when a doctor prescribes them to you, it's your health, not his.
too many to list!

polywideblock

physio lady had one of those tens things used to hook me up put a heat pack on my lower back and leave me there for ahour or so helped   .gave up the meds now an occasional Advil is it . need to get your head around the pain, takes a long time but "pain is only a sensation" you can push through it and just get on with life.have been told that I'm a grumpy bastard at times but you get that,I'm med free. they can f you up  :eek2:     are the rockers generic 3rd gen b body or charger specific  i ask as while my charger does not need work my roadrunner needs rockers and fender lower patch panels and i  have found zip so far thanks Phil

71ChallengeHer

The tens unit is giving me some relief. Don't rule it out. I'm sure they have improved them from many years ago. It is better then taking meds all the time. And steroids cause osteo. That is how I got osteo, from taking steroids for my RA.  Side effects for every med.  :pity:

Old Tired Rebel

It was a type od steroid injection,they only allow 3 a year and it can mess with your heart.

super77se

keep at it cliff , you will get her done. theres nothing there that cant be repaired .

Old Tired Rebel

Old Tired Rebel

My son was able to pull my dash frame out. I have been working on the heater box. yesterday but had to stop. here is a few pictures. Also I have a new goal,I want to be able to enjoy my Charger so if I can get it up and running and drivable. The rest can be done a bit at a time.

The lower A pillar is the worst rust I have found other than the drivers floor.

JB400

Hope that is the extent of the rust issues for you. :-\