News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Green Envy

Started by Old Tired Rebel, June 19, 2012, 07:10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Tired Rebel

You got it. I have the front bumper,fenders,windshields (front and back)  and a few parts inside. then taking the wiring and other stuff off the cowl.

XS29L9B2

good luck with pour car it s a geant puzzle  :o
dodge charger 440 R/T match
dodge charger 70 projet daytona

Old Tired Rebel

Quote from: XS29L9B2 on September 20, 2013, 07:14:02 AM
good luck with pour car it s a geant puzzle  :o

I have a couple of friends that thinks this is going to be a year project. The jokes on them LOL I will need to locate a lot of parts when I need them.

tsmithae

I've exceedes the 3 year mark on mine. Just tell them it will be done when it is done.  :icon_smile_big:
Check out my full thread and progress here.

http://www.1970chargerregistry.com/mboard/index.php?topic=119.0

Old Tired Rebel

Quote from: tsmithae on September 20, 2013, 09:27:28 AM
I've exceedes the 3 year mark on mine. Just tell them it will be done when it is done.  :icon_smile_big:

That is what I told them. They will live, the hard part for me will be finding a K frame and a trans cross member. I will start looking soon.

xs29bb1

Good luck w/ that 74 (and your back, damn)  Looking forward to seeing the progress   :popcrn:

Old Tired Rebel

Quote from: xs29bb1 on September 22, 2013, 03:54:41 PM
Good luck w/ that 74 (and your back, damn)  Looking forward to seeing the progress   :popcrn:

Thanks, I hope to start again in 2 weeks maybe a little longer. But this time I am listening to the Doc.

tsmithae

Good idea, Dr knows best.

Old Tired Rebel

Good Grief I think I am crazy. I went out to my Charger to get a picture or 2 and too one picture shook my head and went back in. At least I got my walking in for today.   :faint:

tsmithae

If you ever want to feel better, look at my thread...  :rofl:

Old Tired Rebel

Quote from: tsmithae on September 23, 2013, 03:14:11 PM
If you ever want to feel better, look at my thread...  :rofl:

I have you can get parts for yours, some of what I need they don't repop.  :brickwall:

tsmithae

This is true but were these parts not available, I would be making the meanest custom charger I could afford. I have also spent a LOT of time over at moparts.com looking for parts and I would advise doing the same to you.

Old Tired Rebel

Quote from: tsmithae on September 23, 2013, 03:26:42 PM
This is true but were these parts not available, I would be making the meanest custom charger I could afford. I have also spent a LOT of time over at moparts.com looking for parts and I would advise doing the same to you.

Me and Moparts don't get along LOL I am a member there but I have a hard time using their site.

Old Tired Rebel

I just found the color I want thanks to a member here. Snake Skin Green That will look great on my car.

ottawamerc

If I could make one recommendation to you guys is strip the car down to a shell then send it in to have it dipped and stripped. It will save you sooooo many hours of rust removal and paint stripping also when it comes back you will know what needs to be fixed and even if it is worth fixing. :shruggy: :Twocents:
I wished I had done that to my project.

Scott :cheers:
This hobby is more than just our cars, it's the people you get to meet along the way!!!

Old Tired Rebel

Quote from: ottawamerc on September 23, 2013, 03:52:45 PM
If I could make one recommendation to you guys is strip the car down to a shell then send it in to have it dipped and stripped. It will save you sooooo many hours of rust removal and paint stripping also when it comes back you will know what needs to be fixed and even if it is worth fixing. :shruggy: :Twocents:
I wished I had done that to my project.

Scott :cheers:

I wish I could but I am doing this on a fixed income. I would much rather do that instead of what I am going to have to do.

Baldwinvette77

Quote from: Old Tired Rebel on September 23, 2013, 03:01:40 PM
Good Grief I think I am crazy. I went out to my Charger to get a picture or 2 and too one picture shook my head and went back in. At least I got my walking in for today.   :faint:

looks beautiful  :drool5:

Old Tired Rebel

Quote from: Baldwinvette77 on September 23, 2013, 04:37:26 PM
Quote from: Old Tired Rebel on September 23, 2013, 03:01:40 PM

looks beautiful  :drool5:

You're a sick puppy like me LOL   :rofl:

Stevearino

One foot in front of the other. One step at a time. Focus one small section and then another and once you see a little progress you will inspire yourself.
Also do stuff like rust removal that has to get done but won't cost a lot to do.

Old Tired Rebel

Quote from: Stevearino on September 23, 2013, 05:36:22 PM
One foot in front of the other. One step at a time. Focus one small section and then another and once you see a little progress you will inspire yourself.
Also do stuff like rust removal that has to get done but won't cost a lot to do.

Thanks slow is my middle name now.

Old Tired Rebel

Well got my Charger moved here is what it currently looks like. I know I will need at least one quarter panel if not both.  :brickwall:

Baldwinvette77

those dents dont look half bad, gives it character  :coolgleamA:

Old Tired Rebel

LOL I know but I want it to be a really nice driver. It might be the only car I ever build.

Stevearino

Too bad where those dents are in the quarters is probably the hardest area to get to if you wanted to try to work them out with a port-a-power. Especially the  sail panel area. :-\

Old Tired Rebel

Quote from: Stevearino on September 25, 2013, 08:12:28 PM
Too bad where those dents are in the quarters is probably the hardest area to get to if you wanted to try to work them out with a port-a-power. Especially the  sail panel area. :-\

Once I get it all apart and all the bondo off that will tell the story on how bad it all is. I am reading your build thread now. I am learning and enjoying it a lot.