News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Looking for MY 69 Charger...

Started by crews, February 02, 2006, 12:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crews

Ok- I am not going to go into details on the board here, but I am desperately looking for my 1969 Charger. Car was last known to be in the Shreveport/ Bossier City area of Louisiana.

Brief description:
Car is in grey primer. has a 68 grille and a hood with louvers punched in it ( don't ask..LOL!! ) Bumper bolts are welded/ shaved and the bumpers were primed as well. Car has typical rust in trunk floor ( it was mostly cut out) car had a 383/ 727 combo installed but is an original 318 car. Data tag is missing ( In my possession) Also missing seats ( again they are with me).

Car is just a basic 318 auto on column AC car. Orig. Red with black top/ interior.

Car has more sentimental value to me than $$ value. Very interested in locating the car so it may return home where it belongs.

Car has been reportedly moved to an outside storage facility somewhere between Shreveport and Alexandria. Car has been reportedly stored outside under a car cover.

I have the VIN avail to verify authenticity of the car as the title is in my hand.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If anyone has any leads or knows the whereabouts of this car there will be a finders fee paid. This car has been MIA for several years. Car is to be considered stolen.

Thanks for the board space. Mods- if this is not in the appropriate forum, please accept my apologies.
stvnsn@socket.net

Brock Samson

Good luck with that and WELCOME!
any pics?..

crews

I have an entire photo album of pictures...unfortunately I do not have a scanner any longer...

Thanks for the welcome!! I know this is a long shot, but I have to keep trying....I have way too much "heart" invested in this car to give up.

41husk

good luck! Travis is from that area and owns a bunch of Chargers if someone tried to sell it he may no about it and be able to help.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

crews

Thanks for the info- I don't think the person who has possession of it has tried to sell it...but who knows?

Like i said- I know this is a long shot, but I figured it was worth a try. the more eyes I have out there looking for the car the better my chances of ever seeing it returned to me.

69_500

So the car was stolen from you when you owned it? How long ago was the theft?
Just curious, but if a car of mine was stolen and reported to be outside of a building in Louisiana I'd be on my way down there to get it right away. There is also a chance it could have been damaged further after the huricanes last year. Or was it just recently stolen? Just trying to get as much info as possible.
There are board members here who live in that area, and who purchase cars pretty regularly. They could probably be of help to you. It would also be good to report the VIN and information to the 69ChargerRegistry, so they can keep a look out for your car as well. They will note the VIN as being a stolen car, and if someone down the road registers that car it will have already been tagged.

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

crews

There are simply too many places to hide for me to go running around looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack. I have been down there a couple of times looking but came up empty both times.

It is a long sorted story that is not going to be detailed here. Short version: The car was in the possession of a "friend" for storage and he now is refusing to release the car or identify it's location. He does not live where the car is stored. Not even in the same region of the country.

PURTBOY

WELL IF A FRIEND HAD IT AND YOU HAVE HIS NAME , HE IS RESPONSIBLE FOR IT IF IT IS MISSING, TURN IT INTO THE AUTHORITIES IF THERE IS NOTHING TO HIDE, AND THEN LET THEM HANDLE HIM.
IF HE IS NOT RETURNING YOUR RIGHTFUL POSSESION WHICH HE HAS KNOWLEDGE OF HE IS BREAKING THE LAW HIMSELF AND CAN BE HELD AS AN ACCOMPLIS TO A POSSIBLE CRIME!!! ALSO I AM SURE YOU COULD SUE HIM IN COURT FOR YOUR LOSS AND SUFFERING!!! JUST A FEW OPTIONS TO GO WITH ESPECIALLY IF THE TITLE IS IN YOUR NAME!!! :yesnod:

ALSO BOARD MEMBER 69CHARGER2002 HERE AKA TRAVIS FOSTER, LIVES IN LA AND HAS GOBS OF CHARGERS. HE MIGHT HAVE CAME ACROSSED THIS ONE SOMEWHERE BECAUSE IF THERE IS A CHARGER ANYWHERE AROUND TRAVIS FINDS IT!!! :yesnod:

Just 6T9 CHGR

PM me the VIN # and Ill see if I have it in the registry
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69charger2002

i hope you find it. i'll keep my eyes peeled. your description is good enough that if found will be obvious that is the same car. i'm 2 1/2 hours from alexandria, and 4 from shreveport. and i've bought 4 chargers from shreveport in the last year, but none meeting that description. but i'll keep looking
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

crews

Thanks for all of the help and suggestions. There is nothing to hide, just been trying to locate the car before I alert any authorities. Maybe that is the wrong approach. I just don't know how vigorous they will pursue the case.

Travis- thanks for any help you may provide.

TheGhost

I'd alert the authorities ASAP.  The have alot more resources than you do.  Also, your "friend" might reconsider not telling you where the car is once he faces jailtime.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.