News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What's a good electrical gauge that doesn't seem out of place?

Started by Dino, June 15, 2012, 07:10:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dino

Even when I get my original gauges calibrated correctly I still can't trust those things so I'd like to install a temp and oil gauge under the dash just to be sure everything's okay under the hood.

Is there anything that kinda looks like our stock gauges?  White on black with white needle?  Also which brand(s) is recommended?  I'd like electrical gauges for ease of install.

Pictures of your gauges installed would be welcome as well, at this time I'm thinking of putting them on top of the console or bolt them under the ashtray.

EDIT:  This looks pretty nice.  If I paint the chrome housing black I think it'll fit in with the originals quite nicely.  Question is, how's the quality on these things?

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

resq302

If you are looking for a tri gauge set, I have one that I removed from my charger that I am looking to sell.  I can take a pic of it if you'd like.  Its an Auto Meter tri pod set, pretty sure that it is white letters/numbers with black background and I think white needles if I remember correctly.  Mechanical oil pressure, mechanical coolant temp, and I think a volt meter is the third gauge.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Dino

Quote from: resq302 on June 15, 2012, 10:28:16 AM
If you are looking for a tri gauge set, I have one that I removed from my charger that I am looking to sell.  I can take a pic of it if you'd like.  Its an Auto Meter tri pod set, pretty sure that it is white letters/numbers with black background and I think white needles if I remember correctly.  Mechanical oil pressure, mechanical coolant temp, and I think a volt meter is the third gauge.

I don't know if I want mechanical gauges as I really don't want oil lines inside the car, not to mention I have no clue how to install them.   :icon_smile_big:
If you can give me the part # I can look it up before I say yes or no.  I really like the look of the ones I posted but the reviews are bad, looks like it's poorly made.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

resq302

Ill have to try and look on the part to see if there is a number or not.  I know I got it from Summit Racing back when I first got my charger and when I was having the gauges out restored.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Just 6T9 CHGR

I have 2 electrical oil & temp gauges hidden under the pass side of the dash.
They are mounted upside down so I can see the needle position at a quick glance...the casual observer does not see them.
Also have a volt meter mounted directly above the dimmer switch on drivers side out of sight
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Brightyellow69rtse

i got a 3 guage setup right under the ash tray. volt guage thats not connected. coolant temp and oil pressure. all mechanical guages cuse thats what i prefer.