News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

car lift reccomendations

Started by Brightyellow69rtse, October 05, 2012, 07:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brightyellow69rtse

hey guys my dads putting up a good sized garage with 12' ceilings. he wants to get a lift. hes leaning towards a used one but new isnt out of the question. do you guys have any reccomendations? i dont really know anything about them. thanks  :cheers:

Old Moparz

If he's okay with a 4 post.......

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,22425.0.html

I did this write up for my install many years ago & both Bend Pak's are still working perfect.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Brightyellow69rtse

4 posts are only drive on lifts correct? i know he wants to be able to take the wheels off and stuff like that. i may use it on occasion aswell haha. ill prolly use it more than he will  :smilielol:

Old Moparz

Yes, they're drive on lifts, but you can get a rolling jack tray that gets placed between the ramps & you can lift the car off the lift. My Scamp is actually on jack stands that are sitting on each ramp with the rear out of it.

Think about how you will use the lift "most of the time" & make that decision. For me I wanted one for parking on, & one for working on, but the amount of times I'll need the wheels off the ground is almost none.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

twodko

One that I can use on occasion.   :lol:
FLY NAVY/Marine Corps or take the bus!

NHCharger

Do a search on this site. There has been several threads on this subject with some good input.
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel