News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Need help finding oil for my rearend...

Started by Marck, June 18, 2012, 12:51:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marck

Hey guys..

Being from Denmark I often run into problems with getting parts locally, but everytime Google saves the day.. But I've been googling like a mad man, with no luck..
I have a Strange Dana 60 rearend, and want to change the oil in it... Strange recommends using 75w-140 non-synthetic from any well known brand..
Where can I buy such an oil?
I can find synthetic types everywhere, but I'm assuming they recommend non-synthetic for a reason...?

Thanks..

Marck

Dino

I think they recommend non synthetic for the clutch packs.  Any 80-90 weight gear oil should do the trick.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

bull

Here in the US "finding oil for my rearend" can mean many things.

Marck

Quote from: bull on June 18, 2012, 02:02:33 PM
Here in the US "finding oil for my rearend" can mean many things.

Haha, it kind of means the same in Danish, I just wasn't thinking along those lines when I wrote my post..  :2thumbs:
Just to clarify, for Bull's sake, I'm talking about my Charger...  :nana: :icon_smile_wink:

Marck

Quote from: Dino on June 18, 2012, 01:39:58 PM
I think they recommend non synthetic for the clutch packs.  Any 80-90 weight gear oil should do the trick.

I'm a complete oil newbie, so bare with me here..
You're saving that any 80-90 weight non-synthetic should be fine?
I've read the same from other internetpages, but I hesitate when Strange recommend otherwise..
Why would they then recommend an 75w-140?  :scratchchin:
I spent a lot of money on the rearend, and would like to give it the best possible conditions..  :shruggy:

Tilar

I'd use any good name 85w-140 non-synthetic which should be real common.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Fred

I use Spirax A axle oil  high quality heavy duty  LS90 made by Shell. It's a non synthetic oil. To that I add Additive Friction Modifier by Motorcraft.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.