News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

WOODY

Started by Fred, June 12, 2012, 12:44:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fred

Some of you may have seen this already but it's new to me and I thought I'd share.

I'm thinking a lot of blood sweat and tears went into this build..........but mostly love.................

Beautiful Custom-Built 2009 Wooden Car. This custom wooden car rides on a 1986 Toyota truck frame and gets power from a Chrysler 318 engine. It is driven by an automatic transmission and has merely 1,800 miles on its speedometer. The whole body is made of cedar and its interior is just as over-the-top as the exterior.

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

Fred

One drawback..............if you have an accident in that..............there'll be a lot of splinters flying.

Ghoste

Not my personal taste but he clearly put thought and work into it so I have to give him the respect earned for that.

ITSA426

Looks interesting but are termites an issue when it's in storage?  It looks like a lot of good rewarding work went into it.

Ghoste

Needs different wheels and tires.  I'm not sure what but the wire wheels with the white letter tires looks too "Excalibur" to me.

ITSA426

Perhaps wooden spokes?

404NOTFOUND

Somebody was board :icon_smile_big:.  The part behind the engine, can we still call it a "firewall"?
My 1969 Charger. RIP......Rest in pieces.

Ghoste

I think the correct term is "kindling".

Fred

Quote from: Ghoste on June 12, 2012, 08:51:44 AM
Needs different wheels and tires.  I'm not sure what but the wire wheels with the white letter tires looks too "Excalibur" to me.

I agree, the wheels look wrong.

Quote from: ITSA426 on June 12, 2012, 09:44:53 AM
Perhaps wooden spokes?

Perfect!

Fred

Quote from: ITSA426 on June 12, 2012, 08:49:59 AM
Looks interesting but are termites an issue when it's in storage?  It looks like a lot of good rewarding work went into it.

I UNDERSTAND THAT WITH THE 3,000 MILE OIL CHANGE YOU HAVE TO HAVE TERMINIX SPRAY FOR TERMITES.  :lol:

nvrbdn

a lot of work in that one. :yesnod:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

PocketThunder

Thats greener than a prius..
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Ghoste

And a whole lot more cool to be seen in.

Tilar

I came across this one on the net a few years ago.  Somewhere I have a pic of a Jeep CJ and a pickup that was at the Cleveland Auto Show maybe 4 years ago.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Dino

Cedar naturally repels a lot of the bad things, including termites.  You may find some in cedar but it's rare.  That car is ugly as hell but I commend him for the work done.    :2thumbs:

Tilar the one you posted is awesome!
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Neal_J

Wow, that car is so cool.

And the owner is literally sporting wood non-stop.

Lucky dude...

Fred

I've got to agree. Tilar's one looks cool. The one I posted looks like it was built for Fred Flinstone.

Tilar

I found those pics of the Jeep and also a Bronco.

Dave  

Fred

:2thumbs:  Isn't it amazing, the work that goes into them. The wood just gleams. There's real passion there.

Indygenerallee

I like the Jeep!
Sold my Charger unfortunately....never got it finished.

aussiemuscle

Quote from: Dino on June 13, 2012, 06:36:44 PM
That car is ugly as hell but I commend him for the work done.    :2thumbs:
i agree, awesome work but ugly

nvrbdn

that little bronco is a golf cart. that is wicked. :2thumbs:
70 Dodge Charger 500
70 Duster (Moulin Rouge)
73 Challenger
50 Dodge Pilot House

Bobs69

Maybe these guys had models given to them as kids that were made of wood?  I'm looking at one right now that an aunt and uncle gave me years ago.

Tilar

Quote from: nvrbdn on July 05, 2012, 08:12:57 PM
that little bronco is a golf cart. that is wicked. :2thumbs:

There are two of them there. The golf cart and a bigger one that has the Bronco hub caps on it.
Dave  

Ghoste

So I wonder if they are quieter on the road?  You know, kind of like the way a wooden boat takes the waves.